Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuel gauge

Steve Wright

Spa-Francorchamps
Has any body had any trouble with the fuel gauge, as mine seems to have a mind of its own.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109255

I put twenty quid in yesterday the needle never moved I had already left the station so I stopped on the motorway and tryed another tenner this worked and the needle went up to where I would expect it to be. I was convinced the petrol statio had done me. I used about a fiver and the light came on so I stopped today to fill up and it only took thirty quid so I got in the car and there was just under two thirds of a tank but as I drove for a few minutes the needle moved upto full, so this tells me the twenty quid must have been in there somewhere.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109280

Once the light has come on you need to fill it well above the level that triggers the light else the gauge still shows empty.

If twenty quid didn't do it, you're either using that new 102 octane fuel, or you rolled it in to the filling station on vapour... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109301

Common 'fault', you need to half fill the tank to get the needle to move. Alternatively half a lap of Silverstone can nudge the needle to it's correct position!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110484

its like that on 997s too. wonder if they do it on purpose for some reason... :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110489

I think it is deliberate - sort of reminder that you're being tight and don't deserve a Porsche if you're just going to stick a fiver's worth in.... :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110528

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikekean
Back