Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996TT Turbo Boost Gauge

Dave

Portimao
On a standard 420bhp 996tt what would be the maximum bar the boost gauge would indicate?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107724

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 09 January 2007

On a standard 420bhp 996tt what would be the maximum bar the boost gauge would indicate?
Show off !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107729

Well it is standard 8)
...........for the time being

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107730

I didn't even know there was a boost guage.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107732

I think the 997 turbo does 0.8 to 1.0 bar. You can buy add-ons that take it up to 1.25 bar.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107737

Previous poster said:

Well it is standard 8)
...........for the time being
Are you thinking of getting some 'pink' additions then Dave ?

Speaking of which I failed to notice on Sunday the lovely birthday gifts I got you for the car. Can you explain ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107741

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 09 January 2007

I think the 997 turbo does 0.8 to 1.0 bar. You can buy add-ons that take it up to 1.25 bar.
Staurt Martin is the man when it comes to 996 TT's.

Dave, so what was the response on that link, a copy of the text please

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107751

Basically the boost will vary between 0.6 bar and 0.8 bar depending on atmospheric and road conditions to ensure 420 BHP is delivered. I have noticed that it seems more "eager" when it is misty and damp, not the ideal time for more power admittedly.

The reason that I originally asked the question was that I have noticed higher readings lately (0.7 and 0.8) rather than the normal 0.6. but according to the PH thread this is perfectly normal. With the X50 pack the boost will go between 0.9 and 1.0 bar.

Chris. The boost gauge is just another option on the OBC where you can flick between MPG, fuel range, outside temperature etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107753

Previous poster said:

Chris. The boost gauge is just another option on the OBC where you can flick between MPG, fuel range, outside temperature etc
That's why I didn't see it on my test drive. Makes sense. Cheers Dave.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107762

420bhp car should go up to 0.8 bar.
However, it varies a little on weather conditions.
More boost is easier in winter.
Getting above 0.7 is not so easy.

Disconnecting the battery resets the ECU which makes the boost more readily available.

450 car will get 0.7/0.8 without too much difficulty.
1 bar is possible very occaisionally.

According to some of the tuning sites, the boost presure controller gets tired and peak boost can be less over time.
Not sure if this is true though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108719

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back