Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hard Top Stand

Alex Bartman

Thinking ahead of course....but I really would like to find a storgae space for my hard top when the weather improves. I had thought about hanging it on the garage wall as space is a bit limited in there. Has anyone fabricated their own like this - is it possible - and apart from the metal - what else is suggested to protect it?

thanks for any advice

Alex

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107458

I've got a proper stand now, but last year I stood the hardtop on some cushions and protected it from the wall by resting it on some pillows. Then tied it with rope to a rafter to prevent it from moving, and lastly covered it in a bag that a mattress had come in and then with some sheets. Seemed to survive just fine.........they do come up from time to time on ebay I believe.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107461

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Alex Bartman on 08 January 2007

Thinking ahead of course....but I really would like to find a storgae space for my hard top when the weather improves. I had thought about hanging it on the garage wall as space is a bit limited in there. Has anyone fabricated their own like this - is it possible - and apart from the metal - what else is suggested to protect it?

thanks for any advice

Alex

The OPC one is OK for standing on the floor. There is also a harness I have heard about for suspending it from the rafters.

But my Brother-in-law made mine and it is considerably taller and more stable than the OPC one. It can also be mounted on a wall if required as it is single peice and much stronger. Pads are made from microfibres so ensure noi damage to paintwork.

This is a pic of it:

Hard Top Stand

I can PM you his company details if you like.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107495

Hi Alex,
Could you PM me. Ive an excellent idea for you,but dont want to break any forum rules!
You'll be very pleasantly suprised!
Best wishes
Mike

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107646

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back