Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Loosing Coloured Crests

D White

Folks

I have 996 facelift fitted with 18" 2-piece GT3 alloys and in the last few weeks I have lost 2 of the centre coloured crest shields which have just fallen off. The metal shields just seem to be stuck on with glue to the plastic wheel hubs. My local OPC, where I have been getting the replacements, says this can happen this time of year when the weather gets damp. Surely Porsche can make a wheel hub with a Porsche badge which doesn't fall off when it gets wet.

Has anyone experienced this? At £34 a time I wondering whether its worth replcementing them again before the summer.

Cheers

David..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106002

Well a full set is a lot cheaper on ebay - but I have never heard of them just falling off. Well not in the last year anyway.

If you continue to have problems why not get some cheaper black&white ones for the winter.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106006

Isn't there two types of wheel centres, those that have a sticker on them and those that have a embedded crest?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106036

I've had 2 fall off in the last year too, but as mine were only a few months old they were replaced FOC by the OPC........mine were due to driving over some poorly surfaced roads in Suffolf/Norfolk......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106042

it can happy although scum bag kids are also to blame

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106051

I lost 3 of these badges on brand new centres during my trip home from Brittany yesterday. £133.26 a set of 4 from my local OPC. Bloody stroll on!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106171

€90 seems good value though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106207

Theres a chap on ebay in germany who sells the badges at a £5 each, and sets of crests

The badges drop off all the time,

i fit colour crested centres to all my cars, I can put a set on drive 3 miles to the valeters and 2 drop off,

( i buy 10 badges a time from the chap in germany)

Christian Charchulla [[email protected]]

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106209

what do you expect all porsche parts have gone down it quality since the introduction of the boxster ,i fitted a new engine in a 997 the other day and the engine loom was make in ukraine .porsche are only 50% german 25% eastern europe and 25% rest of the world

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106371

Been to a shop in Halesowen today that has the replacement crests to glue back into the centres for £15+vat a pop.

Must source some friggin strong adhesive now! Any ideas which one?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106666

In the past two and a half years Ive had four crests "drop" off!
Complained bitterly to my OPC(Guildford) after the third one came off.....and
basically they werent interested!
I'd even tried the line.."Quite obviously the Crests are'nt fit for the purpose for which they're designed for'. They didnt budge.They knew i needed a new crest....so I had to buy one at @£35?? Then they said they'd fit it for FREE as a goodwill gesture (Goodwill gesture my ar*e!). I paid them £77k for the C4S - having traded the C4 in that I'd bought from them 6 weeks(yes,thats right - SIX weeks) earlier!
When the next Crest fell off whilst cleaning it....i glued it back on myself!
Love my C4S, but - with the exception of two staff at OPC Guildord - the Porsche "customer service" is quite frankly unimpressive. I have,and still am considering another marque as my next purchase...although Im smitten by the 911! Maybe I should consider another dealer?

Does anyone else think "Customer service" is inconsistant at OPC's??

Mike

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112537

I received a cheque this week for the 133 odd it cost to replace 4 centres. They refunded under warranty. Cheers Solihull OPC.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112552

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back