Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Mileage / depreciation

markp

Hi.. I have a 997 with many extras, 55/2005 model, Artic Grey, S Wheels, Sat Nav, Sports Suspension, Bose, etc. New price was just under £70k, and I now have 17000 miles on it. My issue is that i have found myself putting more miles than intended on the car, so need to consider whether to sell the car now and take my losses, or whether it would make more sense to just keep the car for a couple more years - I expect that after 2 more years i would have around 60,000 miles on the clock. Does anyone have any advice on what is the best course of action here? selling the 911 would mean ending the Porsche ownership, and settling for a more sensible car, and obviously i would prefer to keep the car but not if it means that at 3 years / 60k it would be un saleable in 2 years time.. Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105574

You might as well keep it as long as running costs aren't an issue. From what I gather the 997's are doing around £1000 per month (I think I started a previous thread on this) plus if its not an S its gonna be hit a bit harder (from what I've been told).

I reckon keep it, enjoy it, why sell it and buy a w**ky BMW or similar car which will still loose heaps of cash anyway. A three year old 997 with 60K is not going to be unsaleable but will have to be sold at a sensible price so if you can be happy with that, keep it and enjoy it. Thats what I think anyway for what its worth.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105634

Mark

Have you considered a 2nd car for mileage runs ? and keep the 997 ? as what you would save from the potential depreciation lose could mean you could still run anothet car and come out quids up ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105676

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back