Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

6 pot calipers

Carrera4S

Banned
Does anyone know if the Porsche GT3/PCCB 6-pot front calipers will fit a standard C4S/TT ie. a complete bolt-on or does it require a replacement hub carrier?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105008

You will need a replacement hub carrier.

It's the same upgrade when moving from the Mk1 GT3 4 pots (identical to the C4S/TT) to the 6pot upgrade.

If you are planning to upgrade to Alcons at the same time, IIRC the cost is about £2.5k all in.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105022

Thanks Ade. I wonder how much of a DIY job it is? I can replace the discs, calipers etc myself but the hub carrier is the unknown.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105055

Well, it didn't look very complicated when I watched Steve McHale change mine over. It took about 3 hours for both sides with me chatting with him constantly and watching him take his time. Obviously he had all the right tools at his disposal, and the car was up on the ramp to allow easy access... don't forget to take the chance to bleed the brake fluid - maybe a good time to flush/refill with SRF?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105127

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 31 December 2006

Well, it didn't look very complicated when I watched Steve McHale change mine over. It took about 3 hours for both sides with me chatting with him constantly and watching him take his time.

you chatting to him and it took 3 hours, I see a link :twisted:
just wonder if they then added it to the bill !

although it cant be that complicated ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105257

All in the interests of research and being a good customer! :wink:
Not at all complicated - you just need to take your time and know what you are doing...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105273

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back