Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne stereo , amp & sub

eki912

Starting to plan a new subwoofer. I did one for my other car , was really happy with the result. The report can be seen elsewhere in this forum.

Anyway , I have the stock CDR23 , with no sub. No Bose. It sounds OK. But I am sure adding a sub , would make it MUCH better. After some investigating , I think... the left side storage box , in the trunk , should easily be able to put one 8" unit ther.Maybe even 10" one.

Already fabricating a stronger panel to replace the existing one. I will mount the element on that new stronger piece , make sealed box behind that piece of board , and mount the whole thing there. Replacing the existing panel.The new panel will be made of MDF , trying to fabricate a sealed box behind it from glassfiber....

The questions : where can I get the signal to run the Sub Amp ??? It has some fancy optic / fiber / BUS system..... I have been told. AAAARGH !!! The Sub Amp will be mounted at the rear cargo area , under the cover. There is plenty of room. I was told there is an amp , on the right side of the trunk. Can I "steal" the signal from that amp ? If , then how ? From the outgoing speaker lines?

Any tips & ideas or tricks , or your own improvements greatly appreciated !

e k i

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104768

Made the panel already , out of MDF.

There should be plenty room for a 10" one....Trying to make a sealed box out of the MDF board , by using glassfiber on the backside of it.

Still , nobody with some inside information , how to hook up the amp ?Someone must have done it ???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109246

Moved forwards ... or backwards... still no conclusion if there is AuxAmp or not !

Several sources gave out different information. Took out ( manual in hand ) the "booster" fuse , music sounded still OK. Took out the "radio" fuse , everything works !!! What the "%&" !!

Now trying to see behind the head unit , have the correct keys to take the head unit out. But how to dismantle the frame etc correctly.?? Don´t want to damage any of the plastic pieces , by not knowing how to do it.

So what is the correct way to take out the plastic pieces on center console/radio area ? To be able to take the radio out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118027

Sorry mate, you're on your own with this one, I've go no knowledge on the Cayenne.

No doubt you'll crack it though! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118040

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back