Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Manthey/GT3RS or 997GT3 - HELP

Manufacturing tolerances and one of the official rules allow 5% variation on quoted power. Porsche always stated the conservative minimum that all their engines would produce so they would not get caught out with a low-number producing engine compared to factory stated figures.

5% of 381hp (factory) = 19.05hp

So it would be within normal manufacturing tolerances for any Mk2 engine to produce up to 400hp as standard.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104584

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 29 December 2006So here goes the slippery slope...

Sounds like you want one with PCCB... If so, add in the cost for your Alcons...

And then you'll start wanting the suspension...

:wink:

Just talking to Steve at JZ yesterday, they have produced with Alcon replacement steel discs for the PCCB's that re-use the original Bells, they are therefore cheaper than the steel/steel replacement. He suggested that if I did change to find one with PCCB's. Mind you I could always put my original steel discs back on mine and keep the Alcons for the RS.

Surely the RS suspension is good enough not to want Manthey?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104587

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 29 December 2006
poony, think the RS is a forgone conclusion by the sounds of it!!!! just a matter of time, like Daz with the 3...
I have 2 questions from reading this thread, what do you mean the RS's have the 'pick' of the engines? And....WTF is mod code 3?!!!!

According to legend, the engineers at Porsche dyno all the engines and took the highest powered ones for the RS? One and of course the one in my 3!

I dont know what code 3 is either? Must be some Jedi code?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104588

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 29 December 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 29 December 2006I have 2 questions from reading this thread, what do you mean the RS's have the 'pick' of the engines? And....WTF is mod code 3?!!!!
All of the "3" engines were tested following production. In any production there are always variances. The Mk2 engines are rated by Porsche at 385bhp or near enough. The reality is that this is the lowest figure, all were probably higher, some were probably closer to 400bhp. the higher rated engines went to the RS's

Doh, just seen Rob's post!

the lowest producing ones went into Tarts GT3's :wink:
So as not to spill the tea from your armchair :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104589

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 29 December 2006
Surely the RS suspension is good enough not to want Manthey?

Standard 3 suspension is also "good enough"... but "to want"...

"ONE meellion dollah!" :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104590

your no better than a pimp!

But seriously though the RS suspension is adjustable 3 ways vs the standard has only 1 way to adjust, surely the RS is better on track out of the box than a standard 3?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104596

Is standard RS suspension actually adjustable 3 ways? I didn't think so.

Both suspension can be adjusted for height, yes. But can RS suspension be adjusted for bump and rebound as well?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104598

according to Steve it is!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104608

Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 29 December 2006[quote:nYn6g2IBLd="Previous poster"]Quote: [i:nYn6g2IBLd]Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 29 December 2006I have 2 questions from reading this thread, what do you mean the RS's have the 'pick' of the engines? And....WTF is mod code 3?!!!!
All of the "3" engines were tested following production. In any production there are always variances. The Mk2 engines are rated by Porsche at 385bhp or near enough. The reality is that this is the lowest figure, all were probably higher, some were probably closer to 400bhp. the higher rated engines went to the RS's
Doh, just seen Rob's post!

the lowest producing ones went into Tarts GT3's :wink:
So as not to spill the tea from your armchair :wink:

[/quote]

Oi, I'll have you know i got a full cup of coffee from the briefing room to the pits at bedford in my cup holder, without spilling a drop :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104627

there you go, my point exactly :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104632

I'm getting quicker I'll have you know

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104636

at what responding to posts :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104637

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 28 December 2006

they dont fly after 6pm localgutted
Sorry mate - didn't know that :oops:
Guess they are on visual only!

Can you get it on the way back? It's a great view of the Island if you can...

Anyway - switch off and enjoy your hols!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104638

Previous poster said:
at what responding to posts :wink:
At driving I do actually get into 4th gear now you know

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104639

If anyone is looking for a red GT3 with minimal use of the 5th and 6th gears please PM Rob J
:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104650

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back