Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Cabrio or Coupe

I had a 5 series before which was tip. For that kind of car that was great..but after the first week I dont think I ever used the manual bit... Its just a gimmick really.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102400

My wife drives it almost entirely in auto. I only have it in auto when in traffic. All other times keep it in manual. The auto is very smooth in comparison to everything else I have driven.

Give it a try and see if you like it. Although clutches aren't that heavy in 996s.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102637

The 996 Tip is good enough that you will not be ashamed to spend most of your time in auto, bliping the downshift occassionaly to overtake. I have even played with it in auto on the track and it works, down and upshifting in just about all the right places.

As Chris says it is very smooth and intelligent. Try it and see what you think.

Sean

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102729

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back