Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leaking doors

Glenn Howard

Hi guys.

I have a 1998 Carrera 4 Cab, which currently has the hardtop on it.

I have noticed recently that there is water getting into the car even when it is standing, and this is soaking into the bottom of the doorcards carpet.

I originally thought it might be something to do with the door seals, but have recently been told it may actually be to do with the waterproofing plastic liner in the door which stops the water from getting to the door cards and speaker etc when water runs down the windows.

I have spoken to OPC who say this is a problem because the plastic deteriorates over time and becomes brittle and the leaks can then appear.

Has anyone else had this problem?, and if so is it easy to fix yourself as OPC have quoted £360 to do both sides!!!

If not does anyone know where i can order the parts from to have a go myself???

OPC say the parts are just £26 each...

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101611

Sounds quite reasonable for the OPC to try charging 3 hours labour to do the job! But of course, you probably just need a screwdriver and a spare afternoon to remove the doorcards etc...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101689

definately saturday job and it's just all screws that hold all the main parts.... then at least you'll know what the problem COULD be

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101699

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back