Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Corroding Wheels

supersport

Just popped home at lunch time and found a nice blue 997 sat outside the house. Thought it might be my Christmas present, but unfortunately it wasn't, DOH!

Could have sold it bought a proper one <snigger>

Any way to the point, I noticed, whilst having a quick oggle, that the wheel drums, that connect the front face of the alloys to the wheel hub, where all rust and corroded.

Now surely this shouldn't happen, especially on a car that can only be a couple of years old.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101261

Whats a 991 ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101263

Ask Total 911 magazine ! :wink:

boom tish !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101270

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 18 December 2006

Ask Total 911 magazine ! :wink:

boom tish !
LOL

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101275

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by supersport on 18 December 2006
Just popped home at lunch time and found a nice blue 997 sat outside the house. Thought it might be my Christmas present, but unfortunately it wasn't, DOH!
Could have sold it bought a proper one <snigger>
Any way to the point, I noticed, whilst having a quick oggle, that the wheel drums, that connect the front face of the alloys to the wheel hub, where all rust and corroded.
Now surely this shouldn't happen, especially on a car that can only be a couple of years old.

That'll be because the car is one on those poser versions, the correctly driven ones don't suffer from rusty hubs. Now wheel itself is a different matter....don't get me started!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101300

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back