Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by welshnobby on 17 December 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 17 December 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by welshnobby on 16 December 2006
IMG_0444.jpg

very nice, who does add stripes/ such decals to cars ?
regards

....i applied these myself just for the Le Mans trip last year. It came as seperate orange strip and black edging strips. It took a whole afternoon to apply! The decals were relatively easy.
I have looked into the Geo, the car has never been tracked so it hasn't been fettled to maximise track performance. The previous owner had it checked and realigned a couple of months before i purchased it. I plan on getting it checked on a regular basis.
WN
[/i:Y46ak4Vpkb]

Nobby, that looks superb, where did you ge tthe stripes and Gulf decals from?

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100987

Pleased to meet you Nobby, your 2 looks awesome. That orange stripe looks great on your c2. Details on stripes purchase please.

Max

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100989

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by welshnobby on 17 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 17 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by welshnobby on 16 December 2006
....i applied these myself just for the Le Mans trip last year. It came as seperate orange strip and black edging strips. It took a whole afternoon to apply! The decals were relatively easy.

WN

who was the supplier of those decals ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101018

2 fine looking motors!

im in Notts so i hope i see her driving about.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101023

Very very nice cars. Welcome to the forum, your pretty local to me too. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101025

Thanks all....the decals came from a company called
http://www.racegraphics.net/
the vinyl isn't adhesive based so doesn't damage the paint work (though a good coat of Swissol is good idea). It takes alot of patience and at least half a day to apply, the orange comes seperate to the black. It is applied wet (soap and water film) so that it can be positioned then allowed to dry. Air bubbles are mainly smoothed out before drying but can be slit and smoothed if needed. The guy who owns racegraphics is a regular over on pistonheads (viper). If you send him details of decals he came make them up. I sent him a pic of the iconic 917 with the Gulf colours and he did the rest. The "24hrs du mans" side decal was lifted straight from the '05 race brouchure. They can be semi permanent without "allegedly" any paint damage. I left ine on for just one week and they came off with a hairdryer without any problems. I think they do a pro fitting service (or at least can recommend someone in your area). All in i think i paid about £70 for all the stickers.

Hope this helps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101062

£70 well spent, if you ask me!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101066

May be an idea for out LeMAns trip this yr? Admin?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101067

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 17 December 2006

May be an idea for out LeMAns trip this yr? Admin?
I'd leave them on my car the whole year round!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101075

Glad to see you made it over here Mr N

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101089

Hello Nic. Though it might be you. You have nearly as many posts over here as you do on BN. Don't you do any work!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101343

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by welshnobby on 18 December 2006

Hello Nic. Though it might be you. You have nearly as many posts over here as you do on BN. Don't you do any work!
Not much.... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101436

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back