Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally Found It!

Nick Edwards

After much searching and with the assistance of a great car sourcing contact I have now done the deal on a 997C2S. Car has sports chrono and I am having the Sports Exhaust and Short Shift fitted prior to collection on Thursday next week.

Looking forward to owning my first Porsche- will be interesting to see how it compares with my BMW CSL- I am estimating it wont be as raw and feel as fast but on the upside I think overall it will be a more comfortable ride.

Anyway I will post some pics when I have the car in my possession.

Nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98812

great news there Nick

look forward to hearing more !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98820

Congrats! What colour and options has it got? Did you get a new one or a good deal on a pre-loved car?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98824

Car is a Jan 05 car. Basalt Black with Black interior. Sports Chrono, Sports Seats, BOSE, Sunroof, Navigation Module and a few other minor options + the addition of the exhaust and sports shift makes it as close to the car I wanted as possible. Its only done 12K so someone has run it in for me!

I would like to think I have done a good deal on the car but obviously these things are purchased with the heart and not with the head!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98827

should be fun...

heard some mixed views on the sat nav and how naff the tmc is.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98830

Sounds nice - but to make it sound even nicer, do the "always on" mod for the sports exhaust. Once you do it, you'll never switch back.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98850

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Nick Edwards on 09 December 2006

Car is a Jan 05 car. Basalt Black with Black interior. Sports Chrono, Sports Seats, BOSE, Sunroof, Navigation Module and a few other minor options + the addition of the exhaust and sports shift makes it as close to the car I wanted as possible. Its only done 12K so someone has run it in for me!

I would like to think I have done a good deal on the car but obviously these things are purchased with the heart and not with the head!!
That sounds very nice - looking forward to seeing the pics!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98852

Well done Nick...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98908

Congrats Nick, sure you won't be disappointed

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98911

Thanks everyone.

With regard to the exhaust mod- the guy at the OPC mentioned that the exhaust made itself quieter at certain load levels etc- I assume the mod means that it would be on and noisy all the time?

Any ideas on if I decide to leave it switchable how much it costs to have the switch disabled by an OPC in the future? On that basis it may be that I simply ask them to do the mod before I get the car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98914

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 09 December 2006

should be fun...

whats the tmc ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98915

Good news, glad we got there in the end Nick :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101257

Re the exhaust. If its anything like mine on the 996 then there is a switch on the dash that turns the "noise" on and off. If you switch it to off, its off full stop and the exhaust is in quiet mode.. If you switch it to on then the noise is loud. However-when the noise is on, it will still go quiet between 25 mph and 40 ish, then loud again. This is so it passes the German MOT type thing. There is a simple mod where by you cut a diode in the relay and you will eliminate that quiet zone between 25 and 40. You can of course still switch it quiet using the dash switch.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101259

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by sTTu on 09 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 09 December 2006

should be fun...

whats the tmc ?

Traffic management Company or something like that. It works with the Nav to tell you of traffic jams and accidents etc on your programmed route. I used it in a 997S that I borrowed and it seemed to work OK.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101260

On the 997S there is an orange coloured electrical connector in right hand sideof the engine compartment that you simply unplug to get the noisy exhaust on all the time. Doesn't show up on any codes at the OPC and you can just plug it back in if you want the car quiet for any reason.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101313

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back