Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993RS, what'ya think?

Carrera

Banned
Got a potential possiblity, the guy's not sure if he wants to sell yet 'cos the value of 993RS might be going up a lot! :?

The car's done 57k km, had an accident when the car was nearly new and owned by Porsche, new front wing and door with full glass out respray.

Problem (for me):

It's got comfort seat + small wings, which will cost a few £k to sort out.

Air bags, elec window, both I don't want but not the end of the world.

He's asking for 75kEuro, which I thought was a bit high for a non-accident free RS

BUT!!

I'm soooo desparate!

And it does look in a great shape, no stone chips, no scratches, very small amount of corrosions on the wheels but I'm changing the wheels anyway....I'm so tempted....good catch or walk away?

6.jpg

14.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97735

its not want you want, hang tight, the right car will come along.

whats more important colour or spec?

or both?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97737

Looks in good nick - would you change the steerig wheel too? And what price was the other one you were looking at?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97738

Was just about to say the same as Poon, well near enough....you're spending a lot of money so don't walk away thinking you've compromised. You may only get one shot at this.....make sure you are satisfied. If you need to ask the question of this bunch you are probably not convinced.....so......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97740

The others were between 70k-73k Euros, but with higher miles.

Poon, the spec are no prob, as long as it's got AC and Spd yellow, the rest can be changed without too much prob, just a bit of dosh, inc the steering wheels. So at the end of the day, it's just the cost but then it looks really tidy.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97741

The thing is, I can make it a perfect RS for me by changing a few simple things....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97742

Aren't you meant to buy on condition?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97743

I reckon you should get it if it looks right, change the drivers seat for a GT3 bucket, rear cage and harness, go for replica big wings and when you sell it but all the original stuff back on and sell as an original car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97744

btw, will you have it for friday :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97745

you are going to be paying a lot of money for a classic older car. I guess its not easy to compare with so few around and some will be quite a few k cheaper than others - but the right one will come along at some point.

Good luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97752

If I was to buy on condition, judging from the info I got, it seems to be a good one to go for.

Not too sure if I should question the asking price, or just bend over......

And no, not this Fri...I wish....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97753

I would want to know more about the accident when it was new, its the shell and engine your buying seats, spoilers and stuff you can change.

She looks a babe tho... your never going to find the exact RS you want, just depends how much you want her, and how much your willing to change the bits to make her the RS you want.. But there very rare as you know.. Putting money and time to one side, is this the RS for you ?

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97757

Mick,

Looks nice enough. Don't get too hung up on finding the exact spec you want, you may never find the car. This one looks to have the classic 'German Dentist' option list !

I suggest you consult with the great and the good on the PCGB forum, somebody may know the car.

PP :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97759

At the end of the day it's up to you to decide how many boxes it ticks and how that stacks up with other cars. Its obviously a car with a very high premium at the moment and you are going to spend a lot more by the sound of it.

If a real expert checks it, will it tell you any more than you already know. You know the history and you know the market prices.

I am getting plenty of good advice on C4S v GTs and second cars I am now going nuts trying to decide.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97760

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 05 December 2006

Got a potential possiblity, the guy's not sure if he wants to sell yet 'cos the value of 993RS might be going up a lot! :?

The car's done 57k km, had an accident when the car was nearly new and owned by Porsche, new front wing and door with full glass out respray.

Problem (for me):

It's got comfort seat + small wings, which will cost a few £k to sort out.

Air bags, elec window, both I don't want but not the end of the world.

He's asking for 75kEuro, which I thought was a bit high for a non-accident free RS

BUT!!

I'm soooo desparate!

And it does look in a great shape, no stone chips, no scratches, very small amount of corrosions on the wheels but I'm changing the wheels anyway....I'm so tempted....good catch or walk away?

6.jpg

14.jpg

looks a good one and remember they aint that many out there.....

seats, wheel and rear spoiler are an easy change and remember it's the net cost to consider after you have sold the originals, so not that bad......

electric windows can also be removed

this is all cosmetic !!!! whats underneath is important !!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97823

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back