Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997s warranty update again!

HRobinson

Trainee
Got news today - Porsche will be changing the gearbox! hurray!!!

I picked the car up to use until it arrives and considering the work undertaken and the procrastination about what to do about it, it drives bloody awfully!!

Fingers crossed this brings it back into line.

Thanks for the support previously guys - it does help

Matt

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97248

hurray !!!

did they say anything about their change of mind ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97361

Excellent news! Will they throw a new clutch in as well?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97364

About time they owned up to it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97369

They already changed the clutch, my service manager definately said that my constant pressure on Porsche Holland had a big impact on the decision.

The selection is definately worse than when i gave it to them, gawd knows what has caused that. The vibration through the car when releasing the clutch is also much worse and i would have thought that was a flywheel issue (also changed).

Well they certainly know me now, so if its not top when the box is changed they will get it back- its hard though as its depreciating and i would quite like to drive it!

I wonder what the cost is so far to them as it has had:-

Clutch

Release bearing

Flywheel

Clutch hydraulics

Now gearbox

Plus labour!!!

Gotta love that warranty :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97573

Matt, out of interest did you buy a LHD or RHD?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97597

LHD UK import. 90% of my life is spent in the South of France so i get the benefit of UK park anywhere plates :twisted:
but import to France when i am done with it. Prices in the South of France are not relative to real values. Its not worth a business but it offsets some of the hit.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97630

I got a parking ticket in Italy - failed to pay and had a registered letter a year later with threat of bailiffs.... they have ways to get your details now. :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97645

Italy is a different fish. Currently in Cannes it is cheaper to get a ticket than use a car park for 3 hours. Nobody tows after 5pm.............

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97748

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by HRobinson on 05 December 2006

Italy is a different fish. Currently in Cannes it is cheaper to get a ticket than use a car park for 3 hours. Nobody tows after 5pm.............
oh my !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98181

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by HRobinson on 05 December 2006

They do in St Tropez.I was there a few months ago and watched a few get towed away late at night from outside the waterfront bars-they didnt mess about either,all done very quickly!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98185

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back