Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Put a deposit on a.......... GT3!!!!!

I think driver training is a must to be honest..... Plan to do a few track days so much help needed first! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97539

Congrats Steve.

Can't wait for you to show us some tricky shots of it

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97547

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 04 December 2006

damn that was quick !!

this place is become a GT3 comfort forum !! :wink:
Wait till you have kids ..... that also cry if you say you're selling the Porsche!

Do you think the GT3 is becoming more popular now because they're fast becoming affordable and / or are actually rarer and more exclusive than other 996 variants?

No doubting that it is also a very good sports car.

Only 4 seats though so maybe the rest of us will have to find another place to play.

Mind you, it wasn' long ago that this was 993uk so whats next?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97565

Thanks Nicola - will do my best! :D Dont know how i'm going to get moving shots without the soft-top in the Box - might use the rear spoiler :D

Anthony - my own reason for buying a GT3 is that I'd been after a 996 C2 or C4S after having a loan of a 997 for a week - sneaky Porsche marketing ploy!! The GT3 I only thought about with the launch of the new one and even though they are still pretty pricey I tried my best to find one for a good deal! Sooooooooo happy when I drove one for the first time yesterday and even after a passenger ride in Dunc's GT3 Mk1, I wasn't prepared for the driving experience - awsome!

I haven't felt this excited since placing the order for my first Porsche (a 2.7 987 Box) last year!!! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97576

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by scotia_steve74 on 05 December 2006

Anthony - my own reason for buying a GT3 is that I'd been after a 996 C2 or C4S after having a loan of a 997 for a week - sneaky Porsche marketing ploy!! The GT3 I only thought about with the launch of the new one and even though they are still pretty pricey I tried my best to find one for a good deal! Sooooooooo happy when I drove one for the first time yesterday and even after a passenger ride in Dunc's GT3 Mk1, I wasn't prepared for the driving experience - awsome! I haven't felt this excited since placing the order for my first Porsche (a 2.7 987 Box) last year!!! :)
With you totally on this. That's why I bought Toy and why the 997C2S left such an impression. Felt like a different car from the 996 I'd driven before. I haven't driven a GT3 and as it doesn't have 4 seats, its not for me but I can appreciate why you'd want one. 996C4S appeals but really I need to drive one as I'm concerned it will feel heavy by comparison (but at least I'd stand more chance of staying on the road :oops: ), leaving me as fed up as I am with the BMW.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97586

Well done Steve....want to join in now but will need to find a roof rack for my son........I know most people add roll cages etc ....has anyone ever tried to put rear seats in a GT3? Allowed to have if it is child-friendly i.e. child-able-to-travel-in rear

... I believe the bits are all there to install ....??

Kevin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97644

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Kevin993S on 05 December 2006

Well done Steve....want to join in now but will need to find a roof rack for my son........I know most people add roll cages etc ....has anyone ever tried to put rear seats in a GT3? Allowed to have if it is child-friendly i.e. child-able-to-travel-in rear

Kevin

Speed freak (daz) has recently bought a 3 and has been posting some good stuff on seats and also Insurance which needs considering. Try catching up on the posts they will help a lot.

rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97651

The 3 has the standard roof rack guides as far as I seen! Seen a 996 recenty with a large box on the roof!

Anthony - the 996 C4s is a great car! Almost bought one. It feels slightly heavier in terms of controls than my Boxster but I would say less heavy than a 997S - it runs 18" alloys which make it feel lighter at the wheel and more comfortable than the 997 in my view. The sports exhaust is great as well. I would say look at a Turbo - RSJ have one for 42 in blue and it looks great! Very practical and special + great residuals....

I have to say there are great buys with the 996 at the moment - I just can't believe what I've bought! Such a big step up from the Box, but I'm sure it will keep me learning for years to come!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97674

what you'll find is that the weight lose on the 3 makes a real difference, I'm only just discovering it and still have yet to exploit 90% of the cars ability....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97687

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 05 December 2006
what you'll find is that the weight lose on the 3 makes a real difference, I'm only just discovering it and still have yet to exploit 90% of the cars ability....

yes but Daz's 3's weight loss is negligible once he sits in it! :wink:

<ducksforcoverfromthewelshwizard>

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97691

I felt the 997 to be quite heavy - you really noticed the rear end weight - not so much on the 3 I felt - maybe just 996 v's 997? Still as excited as a schoolkid!!

BTW - apologies for the branding on the image but here are the roofbars for the 3 for anthony -
p96074.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97694

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by scotia_steve74 on 05 December 2006

I felt the 997 to be quite heavy - you really noticed the rear end weight - not so much on the 3 I felt - maybe just 996 v's 997? Still as excited as a schoolkid!!BTW - apologies for the branding on the image but here are the roofbars for the 3 for anthony -
p96074.jpg

Note to Daz!

No more excuse for not taking the GT3 to LeMans!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97700

step away from the cookie jar

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97723

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 05 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Kevin993S on 05 December 2006

Kevin

Speed freak (daz) has recently bought a 3 and has been posting some good stuff on seats and also Insurance which needs considering. Try catching up on the posts they will help a lot.

rich

Thanks for the info, had a search and found that dreams do come true ... you CAN get a 3 year old in the back of the best car in the world (IMHO)..

....did Daz ever post pics of the seat belts in the car??

cheers and ta

Kevin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97734

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back