Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Put a deposit on a.......... GT3!!!!!

we probably account for approx 5% of the GT3's in the UK on the forum.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97391

Just caught up with this thread - congratulations Steve, thought it would suit you when I saw it! That's the Scottish contingent growing in force which can only be a good thing with the roads we have up here.

Need to get a hoon sorted once the cold weather has gone (june?!). I'd go for a winter blast but i'd be too paranoid about the tyre situation and travel v. slow! Also, Knockhill beckons.

This forum is becoming a veritable GT3 fest, great!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97393

What exhaust should be the next thread?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97399

On the subject of exhausts - my project for today is fitting the Fabspeed muffler bypass pipes I got with the car - gonna be real loud!!! So childishly excited

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97408

umm,

have been told they reduce bhp, talk to JZ first, apparentley back pressure issues.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97411

A GT3 blast is essential!!!! Slippy roads..... More fun :)

Anyone any idea why the car has rear speakers - is that comfort spec?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97413

Steve, previous owner prob got the rear speakers fitted. Aye and slippy roads plus slippy tyres puts me out of my depth!

Daz, got the pipes with the car so not a big prob. Website claims a bhp inc. as its similar to cup spec. exhausts. I'm not too fussed anyway as i'm just looking forward to a lairy exhaust note for a bit of fun!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97418

Cool! Stereo sounded good - not like my Bose but excellent nonetheless!

That's probably sensible with regard to the GT3 - slippy is fun but not good when I'm learning a new car!

Have to say the comfort gt3 felt less raw than the clubsport Mk1 - I was quite surprised actually with the difference! Gonna get that cage evetually! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97423

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by scotia_steve74 on 05 December 2006

Cool! Stereo sounded good - not like my Bose but excellent nonetheless!
count your self lucky you dont have a Club Sport which only has a pair of speakers up front, stereo is awful !!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97432

Yes, I was going to fit them otherwise! Want to keep the existing stereo so that's cool! Just have to find an ipod link for the CDR 23 - has centre console delete so no place for my CD collection :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97440

Just did the icelink FM thing to my CD22, will fit your 23 - not quite as good as was hoped but has ticked all the required boxes. Bloody becker head unit is too smart for its own good - was so annoyed during fitting that i was gonna replace it with a tape deck goodmans just to teach it a lesson! Can fill you in on the details if you like.

I found my mk1 a little different to the comfort mk2s i drove too, glad it wasn't just my imagination!

As for the cage - prob worthwhile for track use and look great too. Most alarming cost is for schroth harnesses which are about £250 per side iirc!!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97447

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 05 December 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by scotia_steve74 on 05 December 2006Cool! Stereo sounded good - not like my Bose but excellent nonetheless![/i:sNLaVvB8eh]
count your self lucky you dont have a Club Sport which only has a pair of speakers up front, stereo is awful !!!

Can't agree Sundeep - my CS has six superb little speakers in the back - right at the back :wink:

Don't bother investing in ICE - spend the money on an exhaust (I have PSE on mine) and you'll never turn the radio on! I always drive with the window down just to hear that sound :D

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97465

The PSE, rollcage, harness! Too many xmas pressies on my xmas wish list so far :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97482

Congrats on the purchase, I know I'm in the middle east but don't forget about me. On the subject of schroth harnesses, you can get the same ones from the states for about $250, set up an aramex account and they will deliver from the states just on weight(about 2kg per harness- about $24 shipping each) I order everything from the states and you pay dollars for pounds,ie half price at the moment. As for spending cash on the new toy, the best money you will ever spend is on driver training, have fun

Max.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97533

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back