Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Why it turns me on Video

You do love your Yellow 3s! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96904

nice video's............. man I so need some driver training of driving in the wet !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96915

That vid from Leipzig shows what these cars are capable of in the wet, shame my bottle goes at about half that corner speed.

That Monza one seems a bit tail happy for in the dry - extreme set up?

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97396

Think I would have more confidence with some good training, for that sort of stuff

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97401

Training is the way forward for the old bottle. Less likely to panic and lift if you've seen what the car can do and been shown a bit of how to do it!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97409

the GT3 in the drifting one sounds awesome - is that an aftermarket system or do they all sound that good!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98479

Hey this is a real revelation.

I had, and had may well be the authorative word, a Cobalt GT3 (2004 Mk2) which aquaplaned off the autoroute in Belgium on November 14 2006. Pretty major accident, backwards at reasonable speed down a steep bank, into a bank, through a ditch over anoither bank and back onto a side road. All backwards!!

Lived to tell the tale, but no definitive news yet on repair.

Missing the car like hell, and nothing, but nothing will stop me either getting back in to a GT3. But if they can be driven like that in the wet, then I will book some driver training, not just to improve, but to convince me that they arent quite as unpredictable as they might appear.

Roger

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99073

Yes.

But we are into big estimates for repair. Currently the estimate from the Porsche approved repair centre is £63,000!!

This has gone on for a week or two, and I guess that now we finally have the reapir figure, we get into hassle over repair or write off.

All new territory for me, dont know what to expect from Norwich Union. I have had the car since July 2006. It originally belonged to a Board Director at Porsche so had a lovely spec. Cobalt Blue, cruise, rear cage, leather buckets, PCCB Brakes, Litronoics. Real dream, took months to find and I really want it repaired.

Any help with any of this will be much appreciated

Roger

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99097

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back