Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Creaky drivers seat

Chris_w

Silverstone
Hi all,

the drivers seat on my '99 C2 is beginning to creak like crazy and is driving me mad in the process... anyone else experienced this or does anyone know what causes it? I'm assuming a new seat is big £$£ and would be a shame because the leather is in good nick (maybe get a new frame?).

Any thoughts or advice most welcome,

Chris

PS - and no, it's not a pie consumption issue before anyone starts... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95065

Old forum user Unidentified(11139) wrote:

WD40 should do the trick

Take the seat out, flip it upside down and spray WD40 on all the metal bits until it shuts up, or drip a few drops of lubricating oil on moving parts.

Also check the seat belt lock, where you click it in, they rub against the leather when your seat belt is on (easy test, just drive with you belt off, if it shuts up it's the seat belt lock, if not it's the seat.)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96571

Mine creaks - cured by a lube spray of grease on the runners - slide the seat forward - spray what you can see - slide it back - spray what's visible, job done.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96579

I use silicone spray for all this sort of stuff, although it's the roof that creaks on mine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96819

Excellent, thanks all... WD40?!? Why the hell didn't I think of that!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97083

WD40 does everything!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98436

Developed a creak in the drivers seat in the Vauxhall when changing gear, going round corners etc. They stripped it down & turns out 1 of the springs had worked loose. Simple fix.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 98452

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back