Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

On the hunt! 993 RS

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 29 November 2006

Just got an e-mail from GTClassics, someone had already beat me to it and paid a deposit for the car! Very very disappointed! Jeeze those cars go fast! The car was only just become available in the wkend!! :roll:

Hay ho, the hunt continues! :|

Santa dosen't love me after all!! :(
You can call me cynical, hell, I've been called a lot worse, but when you see something you like the look of, given the rarity of thses cars it might be worth keeping schtum or pm'ing the regulars for advice, opinions etc instead of posting it. Given the ratio of people who post to people who lurk on here, some of the latter might use your efforts to get ahead of the game. Just my 0.02p's worth mind.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95253

Sorry about that Mick - I'm sure everyone is on the look out for you.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95257

or if your a mod,

get Dan to find the car, post then delete the thread,

job done

Mr Eff agree totally

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95259

To be fair Paul was going to call and reserve it for me before I posted it, and the car had a deposit put on it in the wkend!

Absolutely gutted!

I'm sure there'll be another one somewhere, just need to be quick. On the one hand there are so many pant ones out there I don't want to get stung, on the other, good ones go so bl**dy quick!

First time in my life I actually DON'T enjoy spending money!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95266

Just lost out on ANOTHER yellow RS to a buyer in Italy!!! :evil: :(
Never knew it was THAT difficult to spend £50k!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95562

Keep your chin up Mick, the right car is waiting for you !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95600

Mick

If you need a home for it, I'll be happy to 'look after' your £50K ? :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95608

Dan, thanks for the links. The Riviera blue one has been on the maeket for a long long time. Not sure why but not my colour really. Was tempted by the Polar Silver one in SeanLockyear. After having a Polar Silver car for 6 yrs, although it's a beautiful colour, it's a real pain to touch up and respray. Anyhow I think I've decided to stay with Speed Yellow now.

Scott, someone else is looking after my money now, and would let go of the blimin thing either! That's why I have to finance it to begin with!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95627

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 29 November 2006

or if your a mod,

get Dan to find the car, post then delete the thread,

job done

Mr Eff agree totally

I hear that works well !

that Outwood car is a no no, PP can reveal all !

Mick, we want regular updates please !!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95643

I will keep my eyes on the look outout for you, I have a week off with nothing to do ! So I am sure I could spend a few hours looking and drooling over a few.. I will post whatever I find, colour, spec etc....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95645

Cheers Dan. There are only two criteria that I must have.

1) Speed yellow

2) Air con

These two specs can not be easily changed. The rest I can change/add/take out once I got the car.

Don't worry Sundeep. I will keep you all updated. At this rate you'll run out of server hard drive space before I find one! :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95648

Chill Mick,

I will start looking for you also,

and I am good at finding cars

suggest you put a thread up,

saying exactly what you are looking for, so that anyone who has one, and is just lurking on the site will pick up on it.

suggest you also do this on other Porsche forums.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95654

I have Daz. I've put threads on PH, and PCGB site, getting quite a few replies but the good ones seem to go so quickly.

It's quite nerve recking because a good one will go before you even sneeze, and at the same time there are so many bad examples out there ready to bite the unaware. At the moment I'm relying on Paul in GTClassics and Tom in H&S to help me find one, not only in UK but mainly in Europe.

What I might do is to get them to put a deposit on one as soon as they see one that sounds reasonable, and then I'll get Paul to inspect it for me and decide from there.

I knew it's gonna be hard but I suppose it's because I've been waiting for this for over a yr, it's just tougher emotionally than I thought. Now I want one so badly!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95668

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back