Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

dials on 996 C4S

richardofengland

Nurburgring
I like the white dials, were they an extra or standard as most are just black.

also, I assume sports exhausts need advising to Insurance co.

I am doing some searching and just running through best specs - any tips welcome.

thanks

Rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93097

Yes, the white dials were a cost option.
They are not as easy to see though. On the 997 they are no longer black as standard (in fact I'm not sure if you can get black).

Since the Porsche sports exhaust officially has no effect on performance, then I don't think you need to tell the ins co. Although you may like to, so that they know in case of a claim.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93136

White - not as easy to see? :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93316

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stuart Martin on 23 November 2006

Yes, the white dials were a cost option.They are not as easy to see though. On the 997 they are no longer black as standard (in fact I'm not sure if you can get black).Since the Porsche sports exhaust officially has no effect on performance, then I don't think you need to tell the ins co. Although you may like to, so that they know in case of a claim.
Hmm, got white dials on mine & no problems reading, I think they are clearer than the black dials on the other cars. Would strongly recommend you notify insurer of the PSE, just because it's not a performance mod, doesn't mean you don't have to declare it. Technically it's anything that's changed from a standard spec.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93326

But normally you don't have to declare factory fit options.
I had the PSE from the factory.
I don't think you need to tell the ins co if you have different wheels, or a cd-changer.

After market mods I can understand.
Although for the turbo I told them about the x50, and that did make a difference. I said to ins. it as a turbo S since that gets it as standard, but they did not agree.
I think some of these things are down to interpretation.

It is probably best to declare things if in doubt.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93438

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stuart Martin on 24 November 2006

But normally you don't have to declare factory fit options.I had the PSE from the factory.I don't think you need to tell the ins co if you have different wheels, or a cd-changer.After market mods I can understand.Although for the turbo I told them about the x50, and that did make a difference. I said to ins. it as a turbo S since that gets it as standard, but they did not agree.I think some of these things are down to interpretation.It is probably best to declare things if in doubt.

I think it's all a very grey area. For example I don't declare the carbon fibre pack on the GT3 or the xenons, both of which are factory fit options, however on the RRS I do declare the 20" alloys & privacy glass. They add £20 to my premium for these but at least I know there is no issue in the event of a claim.

I think different wheels from standard they require to be notified even if factory fit. Aero kits definately would need declaring.

To me it boils down to if it's a performance upgrade declare it. If it's an externally visible option declare it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93447

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back