Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is Sports Chrono a necessity?

Nick Edwards

Hi All

Any thoughts from existing owners on the necessity to have the sports chrono pack fitted to a 997C2S?

I am considering a specific car at the mo- has a good spec but no sports chrono or sports seats- just wondering if these will be options which will be a disadvantage by not having?

Nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92358

depends on the saving, although worth testing normal v sports seats to see what is a better fit for you.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92368

On a C2S, imho, yes. There should be enough of them out there to find one with Sports Chrono and the sports seats. I hear the adaptive ones are even better.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92385

Hi Nick - yes, the Sports Chrono is worth the extra. Car has completely different feel to it because of the throtle re-mapping. Feels much more alive. The other "must have" is the Sports Exhaust - not cheap but worth every penny, especially if you do the "always on" hack!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92429

According to all the journo's it is the option to have. Adaptive sports seats would be on my list too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92459

Friend ticked all the boxes on his 997 and has never regretted it. The various settings make a marked difference and the chrono pack is not particularly expensive when the adaptive suspension is already included on the S.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92462

Thanks for the comments everybody.

I will knock the car that was offered to me back and keep looking for one with the Chrono Pack . I have heard that the sports seats arent that much different to the normal seats but obviously if I can find a car with both options included then it will be a bonus.

Yeah deffo having sports exhaust and short shift fitted- I have been told these can be done aftermarket by the OPC so these are items that dont have to be included on the base car when I find it.

The search continues!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92596

can it be retro fitted ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93617

I have been told by the guy who is sourcing my car that Chrono cant be retro fitted.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93688

sports exhaust and short shift are ok for retro fit, sport chrono is a different story

would be a major job and not available as a kit. DONT go there.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95276

Got Sports Chrono and sports exhaust on my C2S and will highly recommend both. Sports seats also good, adaptive supposed to be better, but very expensive.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95292

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back