Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unexpected tyre wear...

Interesting - do you think I should still get the alignment done? The rears have still worj unevenly so there must be something out?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93087

yes, worth doing for the price of 2 fill ups the alignment is very important...

I always got it done annually, remember you own a real Sports Car

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93151

Thanks guys - I'm getting the alignment done a week on Wednesday, along with a new rear (should be ok to run with the existing rear, as its tread is still fairly decent)

I will make a note to regularly check the tyre pressures though. I think I've become lazy because prior to my C4 I had an S2 Elise which sort of floated along and I only checked her tyre pressures a couple of times between services (and they were fine)! We've also got an M3 which has a light on the dash to tell you if you're running flat - lazy, lazy, lazy!!

With all that weight at the back, I'll make it a bi-weekly exercise. What's the average tyre life expectancy (under normal driving conditions)?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93591

Has the car got P zero assimetrico's?

These tyres dont have uniform tread across the tyre when new, there is less tread on the outer edge than the centre, hence later the edges appear bald, I'm told pirelli design it that way!!!!!

they also give excessive tyre noise when half worn, they sound sometimes like theres a wheel bearing going or a stone stuck between the disc and pad,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93595

Hi. I think they are assimetrico's, although I can't be sure - I'll check tomorrow when I wash it. The outer tread is very thin though - Notts OPC said that it's a characteristic of the tyres - as you say, I wonder what the benefit is... unless, you work for Pirelli!!!

Are there any other tyre options that I could run that would last longer, and have less tyre noise, considering the motorway mileage that I do (c. 1.8k per month)? This could be time for me to change...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93608

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back