Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Autumn In Tokyo

Servo,

The girlfriend loves cherry blossoms and I like 911's sideways. How about some tokyo drift meets Mt Fuji with some of those cherry blossoms in the background!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91416

I am in Japan at the moment! Kawasaki doesn't look so beautiful - it is very built up and industrial. Very depressing actually. The 997 looks very nice indeeed, do you get much opportunity to "drive" it? Everyone here tells me that the parking is so expensive that it is not worth owning a car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96324

Servo,

You still coming down to the land of Oz this month?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97332

G'day Peter, I will be in Sydney but for only a few days, we are going to a few other countries too this summer. Can't wait to get there!

The private PDE thing I am organizing might not happen until Feb - would you like to attend? The planned date is going to be the weekend of the 10th and 11th. The plan is for one day training and a full day on the QLD international raceway for the sunday.

Incidentally, a mate of mine is buying a new car (his first Porsche) and he wants me to help him - so I will be in an OPC probably more than once!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97357

A few days is tough but let me know if you've got time for a drink or a bite to eat. Are you staying in the city?

Definitely count me in for the PDE days. I have a brother who is a doctor working up in Tweed Heads around that time and will tie it in with a visit.

If you're heading to an OPC, try Porsche Centre South Sydney (over in Mascot), great range of cars in the showroom if your mate is looking for a used one but lots of new ones to test drive as well - seem to be good guys as well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97365

Yep your right Peter ... really great people at South Sydney OPC ... Have my 993 serviced there and have always found them very helpful and willing... John Wakefield the Service Manager is a really nice bloke and goes out of his way to help (explain everything.. in my case)!!! .. Do you get your 996 serviced there?? .. We should catch up for a drink sometime soon Peter, If Servo Sarai comes over would be a great excuse for a meet up... Might be up for the QLD Raceway as im moving up to Noosa in the new year ..Feb/Mar??? (If im not too stressed with all the moving malarky)!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97387

Roja - Peter, would be great to meet up! Especially if my mate buys a motor! I am sure he will let me borrow it! My last job allowed two company cars and I was going to get a 996C4S for use in Sydney and keep my 996 C2 (at the time for Tokyo) and Michael from South Sydney was helping me out. Job changed and I ended up getting a 997 here in Tokyo. When I move over I will probably get a new car in Sydney rather than ship one over from here.

Will keep you posted on the dates for the PDE in QLD.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97420

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back