Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Launch Control

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Servo Sarai on 15 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by sTTu on 15 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 15 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by sTTu on 15 November 2006

would that cause the clutch to drag ?[/i:wIN5HWPxqs]
Remember that a 911 is designed to break the clutch first before it breaks anything else in the tranny... clutches are relatively easy/cheap to replace.
Wonder if the clutch pedal is catching the mat, will try again tomorrow on the way to work and see what happens.
Although there has been no TSB on it, a tiny percentage of the current cars have clutch plate problems. Basically, when you release the clutch it doesn't follow your foot up but seems to be quite slow coming up. If your problem is so, you may find that it will get continously worse gradually.I had a brand new C4 Cab for a while, there was 200 miles on the car when i got it - by 800 miles I couldn't get the car into gear! Took it to the dealer and they fixed (no need to replace) it within 2 hours.Best to get it checked.
Mines an 04/54 just 2 years old with 11600 miles, I've only had it a couple of weeks so it might just be me. I'll see what happens in the next week and if I'm not sure I'll get it to the dealer.

Thanks for the info !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90416

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back