Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Launch Control

sTTu

Does the 997 have some sort of lauch control ? Been having a "play" with some standing starts and its almost like the car takes over when I floor it ! Feels like the clutch is being sucked to the floor when I come to change to 2nd....errrh is it just me just being a bit crap ? :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90342

no lanuch control but all that weight on the rear for a rear wheel drive cars it has good traction of the line......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90344

would that cause the clutch to drag ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90347

might get the dealer to have a look, smelt a bit too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90369

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by sTTu on 15 November 2006

might get the dealer to have a look, smelt a bit too.
Worth checking it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90371

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by sTTu on 15 November 2006

Remember that a 911 is designed to break the clutch first before it breaks anything else in the tranny... clutches are relatively easy/cheap to replace.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90379

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 15 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by sTTu on 15 November 2006

Remember that a 911 is designed to break the clutch first before it breaks anything else in the tranny... clutches are relatively easy/cheap to replace.
Wonder if the clutch pedal is catching the mat, will try again tomorrow on the way to work and see what happens.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90380

Sounds like you 'smoked' the clutch! I did just that at the TunerGP drag run last year.....I was so embarrassed :(
Nailing it in 1st then slamming it into 2nd will do nothing but wear the clutch.

Damian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90388

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 15 November 2006

Sounds like you 'smoked' the clutch! I did just that at the TunerGP drag run last year.....I was so embarrassed :(Nailing it in 1st then slamming it into 2nd will do nothing but wear the clutch. Damian
Maybe I wont try it on the way to work then. :?
How are you supposed to get away fast then ? The old Elises were fab 1st to 2nd screamers, so was my old R32 as well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90390

get rolling, hook up, foot to the floor! LSD really helps.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90396

Previous poster said:

4wd makes it fun too! Short shift at 4-5k and nail it in 2nd, makes those 'wannabe' car drivers think they've got the lead on you then you shoot past, love it! Twice a day keeps the chav away!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90401

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 15 November 2006

Sounds like you 'smoked' the clutch! I did just that at the TunerGP drag run last year.....I was so embarrassed :(Nailing it in 1st then slamming it into 2nd will do nothing but wear the clutch. Damian
about time we say the data for that !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90402

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 15 November 2006
Previous poster said:
4wd makes it fun too! Short shift at 4-5k and nail it in 2nd, makes those 'wannabe' car drivers think they've got the lead on you then you shoot past, love it! Twice a day keeps the chav away!
LOL! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90404

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by sTTu on 15 November 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 15 November 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by sTTu on 15 November 2006 would that cause the clutch to drag ?[/i:GGurKcMrmR]
Wonder if the clutch pedal is catching the mat, will try again tomorrow on the way to work and see what happens.

Although there has been no TSB on it, a tiny percentage of the current cars have clutch plate problems. Basically, when you release the clutch it doesn't follow your foot up but seems to be quite slow coming up. If your problem is so, you may find that it will get continously worse gradually.

I had a brand new C4 Cab for a while, there was 200 miles on the car when i got it - by 800 miles I couldn't get the car into gear! Took it to the dealer and they fixed (no need to replace) it within 2 hours.

Best to get it checked.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90406

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back