Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCCB (again)

Not sure exactly how hot, but the rubber slid off the steel carcass, air temp about 55, so anyones guess about track temp. Just scored a genuine carbon RS rear wing from a guy who's wrote his car off, big result. Pretty good for him as well, he's not hurt and he's ordering a new 997 GT3 RS.(orange I hope)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90529

That's what you get for power-sliding in those temps!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90530

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 16 November 2006
Sounds like a pretty extremem environment for tracking so guess that you're PCCBs are on borrowed time already ;) . Changing out discs n pads shouldn't be a biggie as I presume that the calipers are same for steels. Don't know if mods are required to go to alcons though.

PCCB calipers are identical to the 6pot steel calipers - the only difference is the colour of the paint!

No mods required to swap to Alcons. You can easily replace your PCCBs to Alcons with an hour of your own time. Steve McHale at JZ can talk you through it completely - the discs and hats can be easily shipped out to you I'm sure.

Re temps in Saudi, I would really recommend staying with MPSCs - I don't know of any other tyre with as good temperature resistance. It would be wise to have your geometry checked to ensure you are able to wear the tyres evenly across the tread to prevent any delamination issues under such temps.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90581

I was looking on carnewal's site earlier and they do a steel swap for the GT2 which was reasonably priced anyone know if it fits on a GT3?

Max

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90601

20 minutes from Al Khobar via the Causeway to the race track - must have been Ramadan and all the Customs & Immigration guys had gone to break the fast :wink:

Some half decent garages in Jubail with all the laser alignment stuff last time I was there and also I heard good things about the repair garages inside of Dh, RT & Abq Aramco compounds but you have to be an Aramcon[?] to use them.

Of course you could always drive to Qatar [good Porsche and Fezza garage there] or Dubai now the weather is getting better - rain forecast for January as usual though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90606

35 mins from my front door including customs, under 10 from the seef mall with manic passenger, over 4 hours during ramadan. Aussie V8's next weekend ,trackday last weekend of the month(brakes and tyres permissing).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90706

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back