Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Potential MK1 GT3 spotted for sale

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by The ghost of Eff on 14 November 2006
Do any of the GT3s on the market come with a straight forward no nonsense history?  Were I in the market for one, think I'd have to save up and go for a new one rather than second hand.

The main dilemma is buying blind, not knowing who the previous owner is and what kind of care the car has had. On a GT3, I would be far more concerned to know about what kind of work/care/attention the car has had rather than not knowing at all apart from the stamps in the service book. The RS that recently sold for a song through one of the OPCs for about 63k (I think?) was a mint example previously owned by a well known Titanicer. There were threads on PH about the car because it was being sold by an OPC, but that car was very well maintained irrespective of cost by the very best in the biz (an Indie!).

Best thing to do when looking for a GT3 is to ask around... ask those who use them as intended and look after them properly.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90136

there are problems though Ade,

eg,

for someone such as myself buying a three, if i was wealthier, then a moded one wouldnt present a problem, as any work it might require would be affordable,

however purchasing on a budget means being aware of potential problems, and many of those can be overcome with an OPC wtty. You cant put a wtty on a heavily modded car, nothing will be covered.

No matter how well looked after, a heavily tracked car will have had wear on internals in the transmission and engine, and that is likley to start showing itself around the 40k miles mark,, and potentially very expensive to put right if no wtty.

So do i think modded car good value, only if you have the money to upkeep it, though if you did you would probably buy a new one, so hence Catch 22,

and why finding an unabused one so important to me.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90147

Daz - you will get there in the end - but might a well buy a TT while you're looking! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90150

Chris TBH,

TT is just a faster version of mine,

and will probably not handle quite as well cos it will be heavier,

its not the power, more the handling as well, the balance which you can only get with RWD.

So stick untill right one that I am happy with presents itself.

Also made the mistake when buying mine of getting the best colour combo, and the best kit PCM2, Bose, Sunroof, and interior trim etc etc, that everytime i get in it I love it

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90160

It's horses for courses mate - I'm not so much of a track day man as you, so I think the TT will suit me really well (especially for those touring holidays around Europe!).

I see your point completely, if you're happy with a car then stick with it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90166

not happy,

but not unhappy,

track work and grunt only a 3 will do,

however not a car that i could bin untill the right 3 came allong, not change for changes sake if that makes sense.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90176

no Dan they have one,

and they want to much to change without an OPC wtty, and the car needs paint

they advertise it at £49k, however by the time it has disks pads, tyres, paint work and OPC wtty they want £54k for it,

so just as well buy from an OPC?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90237

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 15 November 2006

no Dan they have one,

and they want to much to change without an OPC wtty, and the car needs paint

they advertise it at £49k, however by the time it has disks pads, tyres, paint work and OPC wtty they want £54k for it,

so just as well buy from an OPC?

:oops:
- Oh Sorry !

Don't wanna row about it ! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90240

no not like that

my daily task once in the morning and once at night

is to check Autotrader for all GT3's on a specific search

and on a non specific search putting GT3 in keywords

also check Piston heads

and check the OPC network

takes about 5 mins in the morning and 5 at night