Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best Value for Money Upgrade

afternoon all, apologies for the ignorant question as i'm new to this, whats the views on a K&N filter for a 996, good value for money? is the fabspeed induction kit better?

cheers

Tim

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90220

I was under the impression that the big problem with K&N filters was that they often let a lot more crap into your engine, which don't do it a lot of good?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90239

Ade, you remember the induction noise my C4S had at the 'Ring? That was the Fabspeed!

I don't use K&N filters, much preferring a BMC F1. I've had the Fabspeed on the car for nearly 2 years now, the only MAF issue I have is when I clean the filter, a quick blast with isopropal alcohol sorts that problem out!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90323

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 09 November 2006
Stu - I had a look at these a while ago - but I think the one you have said not suitable for tips. Kind of put me off as I thought th etip may make it more complicated. May have to have a look at yours when we next meet.

The Tip. version of the Fabspeed requires a 'hole' to be made in the red silicone hose and the Tip. vacuum hose inserted and sealed in place.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90330

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 15 November 2006

Ade, you remember the induction noise my C4S had at the 'Ring? That was the Fabspeed!I use the K&N, much preferring a BMC F1. I've had the Fabspeed on the car for nearly 2 years now, the only MAF issue I have is when I clean the filter, a quick blast with isopropal alcohol sorts that problem out!
nothing better than the low speed growl of the C4S...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90331

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 09 November 2006

Stu - I had a look at these a while ago - but I think the one you have said not suitable for tips. Kind of put me off as I thought th etip may make it more complicated. May have to have a look at yours when we next meet.
The Tip. version of the Fabspeed requires a 'hole' to be made in the red silicone hose and the Tip. vacuum hose inserted and sealed in place.
Might need to get you to show me that mate.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90355

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 15 November 2006
Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 09 November 2006 Stu - I had a look at these a while ago - but I think the one you have said not suitable for tips. Kind of put me off as I thought th etip may make it more complicated. May have to have a look at yours when we next meet.[/i:E0g6WYIjBo]
Might need to get you to show me that mate.

I might be able to find the original instructions in the garage somewhere.....I think.

Damian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90384

Can we not persuade you to come to the Karting Damian? It's only up the road. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90413

ok, so again apologies for the ignorance, the fabspeed induction kit seems to get the nod, how easy or otherwise is it to fit?

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90444

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Tim Storey on 16 November 2006
ok, so again apologies for the ignorance, the fabspeed induction kit seems to get the nod, how easy or otherwise is it to fit?
cheers

It's very easy, just remove the top of the airbox, some 6 philips-headed screws, undo a few jubliee clips and give it a big yank, unscrew the resonance box inside the top of the airbox and replace this with cap provided. Replace the top of the airbox and mount the new red silicone hose in place of the original.

I'd disconnect the battery before doing this, that way the car will 'learn' what to do with it's improved breathing.

Damian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90602

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 15 November 2006
Can we not persuade you to come to the Karting Damian? It's only up the road. :D

Where and when is it? I'm too idle to search for it ;)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90603

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 16 November 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 15 November 2006Can we not persuade you to come to the Karting Damian? It's only up the road. :D
Where and when is it? I'm too idle to search for it ;)

Found it!

Could be fun, I need something to put a smile on my face!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90610

of course I'll need to see your credentials before I can consider you for my team !! :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90614

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 16 November 2006
of course I'll need to see your genitals before I can consider you for my team !! :twisted:

Pervert! :eek:

The wife's away so Damian can play.....Peppermint Hippo is only just up the road from the Mailbox :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90620

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 16 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 16 November 2006

of course I'll need to see your genitals before I can consider you for my team !! :twisted:
Pervert! :eek:
The wife's away so Damian can play.....Peppermint Hippo is only just up the road from the Mailbox :wink:
As is the rocket club! Would be good to have you along.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 90622

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back