Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jar of vaseline....

Good news - they haven't used the geometry thing on me yet!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86363

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 31 October 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 31 October 2006

Ditto old boy, I paid for my warranty beofre the price hike. Think today is the last day BTW.
yeah, funny that mines in today :D

oh ! was today the last day before the hike !! damn

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86365

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 31 October 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Ditto old boy, I paid for my warranty beofre the price hike. Think today is the last day BTW.

Can you get a warranty on your Manthey Beast?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86366

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Sundeep, is there anything standard left on yours to cover??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86367

By the way Sundeep just ring them up & they''ll extend over the phone if it expires within 8 weeks. PS: following on from one of your previous threads...how many speakers have you got in the car? I thought you'd mentioned just 2 or did I misread?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86368

I think It expired at the start of sept...

as for the number of speakers, must have missed the follow up post, the factory club sports only have 2 speakers in the top of the dash... in the rear are just covers, apparently saving 900 grams !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86369

Previous poster said:

I think It expired at the start of sept...

as for the number of speakers, must have missed the follow up post, the factory club sports only have 2 speakers in the top of the dash... in the rear are just covers, apparently saving 900 grams !
Oooohhhh, would say you're stuffed then, but doubt there's that much left thats warrantable. And I was getting confused on the speaker thingy as I was certain mine had 4. Begining to think it was another oddity on my GT3.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86371

might put a warranty on, although only for thr electrics, etc etc

but the 111 point tick list shouldn't be an issue but I might take mine up to Hatfield rather than West London.....

speakers yours will have 4, those in the rear sides are real while mine are just covers !

but did you get the normal service or anything more ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86372

Just the standard 36k or 36month service

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86376

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 31 October 2006
Right can put that jar away for another year (unused thankfully). Nothing needed at all.
"Sir should consider having his geometry checked as there appears some uneven front tyre wear"  "Erghh, no he shouldn't was set up 3 weeks ago by JZM".
Phew... :)

So having got home & checked last years service bill, & what do I find....the wear on the fronts is actually very even over the year. Yes there is more wear on one side to the other...but over the year the wear has been very even between inside, outside & centre. So if there was a geo problem it would have been a long time back & is now sorted. One to watch methinks for all when having a service....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86472

Previous poster said:

Just the standard 36k or 36month service
I'm glad my next service is going to be a normal one!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86474

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 31 October 2006
OPC stamp needed on a GT3 for reg servicing! Warranty stuff etc.

Not so! Mine is serviced by JZM and the OPC is happy to provide an extended warranty on the car after the 111pt check was done. Reputable independent servicing does not pose a problem to the OPCs on the warranty.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86837

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 02 November 2006

Previous poster said:

OPC stamp needed on a GT3 for reg servicing! Warranty stuff etc.
Not so! Mine is serviced by JZM and the OPC is happy to provide an extended warranty on the car after the 111pt check was done. Reputable independent servicing does not pose a problem to the OPCs on the warranty.

But you pay for the indy service, and the 111 point check at OPC which I think is now £200? all in? - so If the indy service is not cheaper than OPC by more than £200 quid then its not that economical I guess

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86874

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back