Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Design911.co.uk

clipstone

Imola
Well it looks like my purchase of the 993 is going to go through ok, and hopefully this time next week there should be a nice N-plate non-vario C2 sitting in my driveway :)

However, it needs (believe me, this is not a want, this is a need!) clear front indicators and red rears - I have seen a package at design911 for around £250 which is the clear fronts and sides plus the red rears.

Just wondering if anyone had used this site and whether they have had good or bad experiences if so?

Also, how hard is it to swap the indicators if anyone has done it themselves?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82065

you can get decent(copy) front indicators from eBay for under �40.......or I could sell you my old ones(no cracks)...........the rears are mega expensive and very rarely are up for sale on eBay,side indicators are the same as mk2 Golf/Corrado/924/etc etc you can get these in Halfords or ebay for just over �10

piece of piss to fit btw

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82074

Fronts Indicators are about £90 from OPC so those on Ebay are good value if they are same standard.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82092

the ones I bought fit like a glove and the only difference seems to be lack of a Porsche part no

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82095

I recently bought this same set for my new 993 from them :)

Took about 3 days to deliver,via TNT, excellent quality, in fact genuine porsche parts, before and after pics below..

Fitted in 10 minutes, one screw to undo and a bit of careful pulling ;)

do it !! :)

640_rear.jpg

640_rear_red_lights.jpg

640_front.jpg

640_clear_corners.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82131

now thats what u call a decent plate :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82152

Talking of plates , does anyone now where I could find out what car has a certain number plate on ? I really want something like P 911 or P 993 for my targa.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82176

Toby_993_c2

Only one more thing for you to do. Get a set (2) silver star bulbs for the front indicators and you will do away with the two fried eggs.

I see you have the clear side indicators. I don't know why it took me so long to change because they look so much better than yell, particularly on a silve car.

Michael

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82187

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Toby Bean on 18 October 2006

Talking of plates , does anyone now where I could find out what car has a certain number plate on ? I really want something like P 911 or P 993 for my targa.
sounds familiar !

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/DSC_0296a.jpg

btw, hello Toby_993_C2 !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82210

Sundeep or should I now call you Sir ??? Where did you manage to get your number plate from , I been looking for ages and nothing has come up on the web.

cheers

Toby

P.S. Can't believe you defected to the wet side !!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82217

Toby, you need to contact the DVLA and request that your plate of choice is released and then in 6-9 months it 'should' then be on one of those DVLA auctions.....

that's what I did !

ps. can't believe it either, I personally blame the plate, as I bought it as a 993 lifer then sold the car in under a month ! you have been warned !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82224

Sundeep ,

How do I know if the plate is assigned to a car or if it was never issued ?

cheers

Toby

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82286

Number Plate finder.

You could try this link. It will tell you if the plate has been issued and on what car it is on etc. Then I believe you can get more contact details from the DVLA if you have genuine/acceptable reason and against payment of a feel which was small when I asked.

http://www.rac.co.uk/web/vehiclechecks/dvla_lookup/

Michael

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82299

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Toby Bean on 18 October 2006

Sundeep ,

How do I know if the plate is assigned to a car or if it was never issued ?

cheers

Toby

just call 'em and they will tell you if it is available or not....

DVLA-SOM

although Micheal's link works but note it isn't a complete or up to date database....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82300

Sundeep

What fog/air ducts were you running on the 993?

They look sweet!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82314

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back