Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any word on 997 Turbo cab launch date?

john mcbrien

Has anyone heard anything about launch a launch date?
i'm hoping for a launch at detroit next janurary, but only guessing.
cheers. j

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82104

think launch date is mentioned in TotalHairdressers October issue :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82109

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rodders on 18 October 2006

Ohhh - a bit low. Next you'll be saying they only will be available in pink! :wink:

Do you fancy a TT cab then John?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82111

Previous poster said:

Good lad!

Have to say I don't really get the turbo cabs. You don't need all that power for cruising the boulevards, and there must be cheaper and less painful ways to get your hair ripped out by the follicles than putting your foot down in a turbo cab.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82112

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by The ghost of Eff on 18 October 2006

Previous poster said:

Good lad!

Have to say I don't really get the turbo cabs. You don't need all that power for cruising the boulevards, and there must be cheaper and less painful ways to get your hair ripped out by the follicles than putting your foot down in a turbo cab.

It's a much better car than you think, i had a Boxster S for a while, and loved the roof down motoring, and handling, but it was just too lacking in the power department....

Enter my TT Cab, it answers the questions admirably....

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82114

Glen - I knew you'd be here soon to stick up for the TT cabs! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82118

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by The ghost of Eff on 18 October 2006

Previous poster said:

Good lad!

Ooh about to take a big risk now & tell a moderator he's talking BS.... :oops:

.....following that logic there is little point in most cabs on the road. The standard C2 is far too powerful & quick for the posing around brigade and how many people really cruise round at high speed with the top down. Come to that how many coupe drivers get to use a fraction of their performance, which rather renders them pointless also.

If you like a very quick car, buy a Turbo. If you also happen to like convertibles, why not get a Turbo cab, saves buying 2 cars. Personally I like convertibles. If I had to lose the Gt3 & Elan, to replace with a single car then it would be a Turbo cab.

Sorry Eff, please don't ban me :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82142

I can't find an applause smilie - but good shout Rob! (But you forgot to mention you want a Tubo Cab Tip :D )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82147

ban him eff..........he's a bolshy so n so with a water-cooled 911 :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82149

Previous poster said:

:roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82151

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 18 October 2006

Previous poster said:

sorry Chris was aimed at Rob J.....you just got caught in the crossfire.......then again...........you too have a water-pumper :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82154

Hey Rob, you know that most of the time I'm only talking bollox anyway so I'm quite happy to be told I'm talking BS! :D
My experience of cabs involves getting out a) sun burned and b) follicly rearranged so they are not for me. Mind you, that might change if I can find Mrs TgoE the 1967 Mustang convertible she has been lusting over for a while 8)

I'll just go and put the moderator's handcuffs back in the dungeon for the time being :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82155

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

sorry Chris was aimed at Rob J.....you just got caught in the crossfire.......then again...........you too have a water-pumper :twisted:
and a cab!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82156

Previous poster said:

I can't find an applause smilie - but good shout Rob! (But you forgot to mention you want a Tubo Cab Tip :D )
If the GT3 & Elan go it would be a manual, if it's in addition to the GT3 & Elan then it's a Tip. It would also be a Turbo S Cab Tip, so even more pointless :D
. In fact pointless thinking about it as I've no more garage space left for it. :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82178

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 18 October 2006

In fact pointless thinking about it as I've no more garage space left for it. :roll:

You need one of those special home improvement loans then! (copyright Sundeep 2006)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 82191

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back