Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New suspension

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 17 October 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 17 October 2006

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/daz%20rob%20small%20pissed.jpg
Daz's got a secrete admirer!

Actually I'm checking if his hairline is receding as fast as mine :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81622

I think Daz, needs his chin suspension seeing to!!!! :wink:

I'm not too worried about ride height, all of these options seem to drop the front by 20mm, the rear by 10mm which makes it as low as a standard GT3. The X73 being a similar feel to the GT3.

Decisions, decisions!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81733

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 17 October 2006

I'm not too worried about ride height, all of these options seem to drop the front by 20mm, the rear by 10mm which makes it as low as a standard GT3. The X73 being a similar feel to the GT3.

Decisions, decisions!!!!

checky fecker,

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81737

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 17 October 2006

Decisions, decisions!!!!

depends on how much the OEM option is ?

how much life have you got out of your existing set up ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81760

The X73 OEM is same price as the H&R/PSS9 option, obviously it's not adjustable but it's supposed to be an ideal setup. Personally I like the idea of a tunable setup, that can be modified to suit my needs ie. firmness, comfort etc etc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81765

indeed, adjustable is the way forward, esp as you 'use' your car

depends on what fits ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81769

Also check out
www.designtek.eu
and page 10 of this month's GT Porsche and maybe the H&R anti roll bars (sorry, sway bars in septic) and drop links as sold by Design 911. These are thicker than the GT3 ones and the bushes don't need lubricating

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81831

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 17 October 2006
Also check out
www.designtek.eu
and page 10 of this month's GT Porsche and maybe the H&R anti roll bars (sorry, sway bars in septic) and drop links as sold by Design 911. These are thicker than the GT3 ones and the bushes don't need lubricating
Thanks guys for the options and thanks Daz for the mug shots!!!!

Thicker's not always good.....as I tell the girls :wink:
the adjustable GT3 are not as thick as the standard C4S/Turbo ones.

I've seen the Designtek 'stuff' and my first thoughts are more show, no go (unless someone proves me wrong!) I'd rather spend my money on a reputable name, it's just what name. God, I'm confused!!!!!

Damian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81843

As I said, check out this month's GT Porsche, they seem happy about them. If you want tried and tested, also think about Evolution Motorsport's camber plates. It really depends on how much you want your suspension to be adjustable and how much you are prepared to pay on: a) the parts and b) the gauges for setting it up.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81849

Damian,
Manthey KWs are great for bumpy roads here and at the Ring! And JZM will be able to set them up perfectly for your style of driving. Also, when it comes time to sell, a Manthey mod will not detract from the value of your car, imho.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81851

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 17 October 2006
Damian,
Manthey KWs are great for bumpy roads here and at the Ring! And JZM will be able to set them up perfectly for your style of driving. Also, when it comes time to sell, a Manthey mod will not detract from the value of your car, imho.

It's the price that puts me off Adrien :(
Migration info. Legacy thread was 81859

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 17 October 2006
As I said, check out this month's GT Porsche, they seem happy about them. If you want tried and tested, also think about Evolution Motorsport's camber plates. It really depends on how much you want your suspension to be adjustable and how much you are prepared to pay on: a) the parts and b) the gauges for setting it up.

I'll have a read of GTPP, is it still biased by the advertisers? :D :D

I was looking at the Evoms stuff, it might be an option as my money is tied up in a US brokerage account awaiting the right time.

Thanks again!

Damian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81860

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 17 October 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 17 October 2006Damian,
It's the price that puts me off Adrien :(

Hmmm... I wouldn't have thought they were so drastically different in price... but nevertheless, I've heard good things about the H&R equipment for 993s- quite a few people in the UK use H&R as an alternative to the more common MO30 upgrade.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 81873

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back