Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Manual Rear Spoiler switch 996

Porsche Events

Old forum user Unidentified(11139) wrote:

Has anyone attempted to move the switch in the drivers footwell for the rear spoiler operation (996) to say one of the spare slots in the centre console? Is it possible if I source a switch and run some wires through the dash. Would make it a lot easier to use rather than stretching down to my feet.

Has anyone got a spare switch for me to try?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79320

I have seen the switches on ebay before - wouldn't know how to do the wiring though - I think there was a thread on this a while ago. You may be able to find it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79321

done a search through the forums but can't find anything. can't be too difficult just simple wiring, just need to find a switch.

anybody got one?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79365

John. Design 911 sell the switches for the PSE so you could try one of those.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 79374

had an idea about this yesterday...why not utilise the headlight adjustment switch to the right of the steering wheel?

I've never needed to adjust the pitch of the lights on any car i've had and i'm never likely to tow anything.

Don't know how the wiring would work but i'll have a fiddle at the weekend.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80026

this is a good idea, is this possible without having to race prep the car

:)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80030

I've installed one of these switches. Got mine from the same guys that So Poo has linked to above.

Simple enough to fit. Can say I ever use it though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80037

i guess thats the point.... think i better concentrate on upgrading the (what is losely described) as a sound system :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80044

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back