Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

calling those after a Mk2 GT3CS

presumably you are gesticulating about Glen's Manthey 3

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77391

in a manner of speaking, there has been a bit of research.. but close to selling the 93

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77392

Hey Poon, just got back from the 'Ring and saw this thread. Mk1s rock! Especially when Manthey'd :twisted: :wink:

Boggo Mk2s will continue to fall in value as they are squeezed by the more desirable GT3RS and the exclusivity of the Mk1.

If it's any consolation to you Sundeep, I honestly believe that Manthey'd cars will hold steady and may start to appreciate when people realise:
a) how rare they are in the UK
b) how much better they are than the standard variants
c) how much it costs (ease and ££) to Manthey

Regarding the Mk2 CS, are you sure it has a LWF? IIRC, the Mk1 Comfort vs CS had different flywheels, but the standard vs CS Mk2 had the same flywheels.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77683

Saw an GT3 RS at OPC Cardiff a few weeks ago, an immac low miles example, for £60k... nice car for someone, and if you can afford £52k, surely you can stretch to £60k :)

Re the Turbo S, it is true they were 2005 cars IIRC. However, you could spec up a Turbo S spec car, i.e. PCCB and X450 (?) engine pack on a standard car at any time.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77688

Quite correct OC - only Mk1 CS had single mass flywheel. Mk2 CS and Comfort both dual mass, and if i'm not mistaken the GT3 RS had single mass.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Mk1 CS and was wondering how much Mantheying you've got?

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77689

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 01 October 2006

in a manner of speaking, there has been a bit of research.. but close to selling the 93
[shakesheadindisbeliefafterallthosedenials]

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77690

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 04 October 2006

Quite correct OC - only Mk1 CS had single mass flywheel. Mk2 CS and Comfort both dual mass, and if i'm not mistaken the GT3 RS had single mass.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Mk1 CS and was wondering how much Mantheying you've got?

Dunc
Hi Dunc, thanks for the confirmation. I made the mistake of spending a day at Manthey to discuss the possibilities for the car... but boy was it worth it! :oops:
Had the following done on this trip (my car already had the 360mm floating Alcon conversion):

• K400 conversion (manifolds, cats, back boxes, remap)
  • Carbon Cup induction
  • Manthey KW suspension
  • Uniball strut tops
  • Cup front PU
  • Cup radiator cooling conversion
  • Cup brake duct cooling
  • Manthey bling :wink:
Gotta admit that the car is sounding fanbloodytastic... I never thought she could sound as good as she does... the return journey yesterday through Brugges was fun :twisted:
and still grinning from ear to ear this morning! :oops:
The increase in torque is astounding... even from low down in 1500rpm through the midrange, she pulls in 3rd like she did in 2nd. The combination of the uniball suspension with revised aero package (cup front PU + adjusted rear spoiler to max = additional 70kg downforce at speed) has made the car absolutely rock solid at high speed. Turn in is massively improved and much more precise and stable with the uniball setup. Manthey really are the best in the biz, and Olaf has carefully taken the best bits from the race programme and made it available for us mortals. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77699

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 04 October 2006

Hi Dunc, thanks for the confirmation. I made the mistake of spending a day at Manthey to discuss the possibilities for the car... but boy was it worth it! :oops:
Had the following done on this trip (my car already had the 360mm floating Alcon conversion):

• K400 conversion (manifolds, cats, back boxes, remap)
    [list:wEaICmLizk]Carbon Cup induction
    [list:wEaICmLizk]Manthey KW suspension
    [list:wEaICmLizk]Uniball strut tops
    [list:wEaICmLizk]Cup front PU
    [list:wEaICmLizk]Cup radiator cooling conversion
    [list:wEaICmLizk]Cup brake duct cooling
    [list:wEaICmLizk]Manthey bling :wink:
Gotta admit that the car is sounding fanbloodytastic... I never thought she could sound as good as she does... the return journey yesterday through Brugges was fun :twisted:
and still grinning from ear to ear this morning! :oops:
You guys have to hear his GT3 now - it is so loud! Brugge was certainly awake, he kept me laughing by blipping the throttle everytime we went under briges and in the underground car park. That car certainly gets some attention!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77715

Sorry guv, I couldn't help it!!! :oops:
Narrow streets, bridges, underground car parks, how couldn't I? She's soooooooo addictive... :oops: :twisted:
Interestingly, the engine note is changing all the time as the system beds itself in... she sounds a lot different from the time I first picked her up until the time we hit Brugges, and even now when I got home! She's alive I'm tellin ya! She's alive!!! :D
And I can't stop grinning!!! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77719

I'm just jealous, becasue everyone was looking at your car not mine! :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77726

No worries mate... Once you get your new RSRs on, you'll be back to fighting form with the laydeez... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77753

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by G-Unit on 04 October 2006

Ocean show us some pics plz!
After the high speed cruise home last night, she looks like she attended a global harikiri convention for bugs! Will post up pics soon...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77754

Previous poster said:

No worries mate... Once you get your new RSRs on, you'll be back to fighting form with the laydeez... :wink:
LOL - I hope so!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77755

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by G-Unit on 04 October 2006

Ocean show us some pics plz!
After the high speed cruise home last night, she looks like she attended a global harikiri convention for bugs! Will post up pics soon...
Shouldn't be too bad crusing at 70 mph! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77756

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back