Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Will the RAC tow me to 9m?

Will G-J

As you may have read the love of my life has become a little incontinent and has wet herself all over the road outside my house.

She's ok untill I start her up and she leaks under pressure (stress incontinence) - so she has a appointment with the porsche doctor Robin, tomorrow.

My problem lies in how to get her there - she's not up to the drive but will the RAC take me?

I have a fairly decent level of cover with them (roadside recovery) but the poblem is my address isn't the same as they have on record and the car has also changed. Will this make a difference?

Cheers

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76945

I thought the RAc covered the driver and not the vehicle. As for address isn't it even better if you are stuck outside someone elses house?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76956

RAC Membership is on the person not the car

as your car is at not at the RAC's address for you

Should be no problem

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76957

Ok cheers guys

Should i pretend i'm not at my house then?

I'll give it a go later and see how I get on

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76963

Would the car be up to a short trip up the road to a mate's house?

Can you specify to the RAC where the car gets taken?

Alternatively, do 9m have a trailer- given the likely bill :(
that you are facing, might they come and get it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77095

Done!

Picked it up and took it to Warrington. Didn't even have to go with it. Only had to tell one little white lie! :oops:

So now I just have to hope it's not too expensive. The offending oil pipe is about £150 and they are going to replace a few cheaper £10 odd quid ones too. With a couple of hours labour on top and then the VAT. Should be this side of £400 - fingers crossed!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77096

Well done Will...

Fingers crossed for you

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77104

On the odd occasion when you need the RAC/AA, they are priceless.

Hope it's not too pricey.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77106

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back