Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

if I was to change car, what do I get ?

I had a serious look at this option....

but it was discounted on the basis that right now the engine is fine and my upgrade plan was about £7k and that was without the 9m billet heads.....

I need something more focused and more power isn't always the answer and I wasn't soo keen at Targa at changing the Targa to look non-OEM, i.e. in need of more downforce as well !

btw, Robert, how was that post about the Targa roof fix ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76467

I must admit that whilst the 9M heads are a fantastic bit of kit, there are some questionable economics about them. £11k on 9M heads will be forever and irretrievably lost come resale because they are really very bespoke fundamental engine components that remain somewhat unproven. At the end of the day, the buyer/Sundeep still has to consider that the car in question is a 100k mile 993.

9M + 993 = faster 993 - £11k cash

I'd rather go the 993RS than the "faster 993" route. A lot of what makes the RS special is that it is also the feel of the car. It's a massive emotional uptick over a regular 993. Of course, the RS will not really lose any money either, so you get:

993RS = faster 993 + emotion + history etc

Between the 2 options, I think the RS route makes a lot more sense.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76471

Couldn't agree more.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76480

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back