Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

if I was to change car, what do I get ?

I reckon you've bought a GT3 !!! Cos deep down you know the RS is the right one, and your trying to fight it..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76408

I reckon it's between the GT3, BMW M3 CSL.

Noble is great- handling is said to be absolutely superb. Reasonably refined too on the road, but Lee Noble still drives a 996 daily.

Or how about a Ferrari F355 GTB, 6 speed manual. These are very refined on the road, sound utterly amazing and go like hell. Handling is wonderful too, and they look great. They are very robust mechanically, but like all cars there are some weak points which should be checked in a PPI. You can get a very good 97 RHD privately for low 40s, a bit more at a dealer. 3 yr cambelt service ain't cheap to be fair, but annual service is not bad at all- £300-£400. Inevitably other bits and bobs will crop up, but I reckon it will be no worse than a 993TT or RS.

I see your point about the 993RS- you've done the 993 now, I reckon it is time to try something different.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76410

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 26 September 2006

Previous poster said:
but money would need to be spent on both keeping them up to health, although more on an RS the gt3 would loose more value so not much between them.....
GT3 will cost you more to do track days with in terms of tyres/brakes, as well as depreciation. Lets be honest Deep, you've bought the GT3 and you're regretting it, and you want us to justify it for you! You knew damn well RS should've been the way to go but you bought the GT3 on the spur of the moment! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76411

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by uuf361 on 26 September 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel Sait on 26 September 2006

www.outwoodcars.com/vehicle.asp?ID=27 :lol:
Is Turqouise the new Pink Dan ? :wink:

rumour has it, that one has been rebuild and has been on sale for a long while.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76412

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 26 September 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
but money would need to be spent on both keeping them up to health, although more on an RS the gt3 would loose more value so not much between them.....
GT3 will cost you more to do track days with in terms of tyres/brakes, as well as depreciation. Lets be honest Deep, you've bought the GT3 and you're regretting it, and you want us to justify it for you! You knew damn well RS should've been the way to go but you bought the GT3 on the spur of the moment! :wink:

the issue I have with a RS is that for an extra £25/30k over mine it will feel less ......

so I almost need to say goodbye to 993 ownership to realise what I have missed and then come back to it when I'm a bit older and wiser

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76418

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 26 September 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Yep ! Agree.... :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76420

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
the issue I have with a RS is that for an extra £25/30k over mine it will feel less ......

so I almost need to say goodbye to 993 ownership to realise what I have missed and then come back to it when I'm a bit older and wiser
Absolutely spot on imho! Apart from the emotional aspects of ownership, I don't think the RS puts enough between itself and a regular 993 - especially one that has already been setup for fast road/track use as Sundeep's car was (M030 etc).

With the GT3, however, it is a unique beast in itself compared to even the regular 996. The difference with a 993 is even more profound. Even at tickover, a GT3 is completely unique... it will never be mistaken for anything else. At 7/10ths, the performance is on par with a 993... at 8/10ths on par with an RS... and when you put the loud pedal to the metal, you're in a league of your own... especially when Manthey'd!!!

The 993 is a brilliant all rounder and the 993RS very special, being the ultimate air-cooled etc, but there's nothing like sitting in a homologation race car for the road with a Le Mans-winning derived engine sitting behind you on full chat. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76432

It looks like the GT3 is the winner! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76434

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 26 September 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

Absolutely spot on imho! Apart from the emotional aspects of ownership, I don't think the RS puts enough between itself and a regular 993 - especially one that has already been setup for fast road/track use as Sundeep's car was (M030 etc).

With the GT3, however, it is a unique beast in itself compared to even the regular 996. The difference with a 993 is even more profound. Even at tickover, a GT3 is completely unique... it will never be mistaken for anything else. At 7/10ths, the performance is on par with a 993... at 8/10ths on par with an RS... and when you put the loud pedal to the metal, you're in a league of your own... especially when Manthey'd!!!

The 993 is a brilliant all rounder and the 993RS very special, being the ultimate air-cooled etc, but there's nothing like sitting in a homologation race car for the road with a Le Mans-winning derived engine sitting behind you on full chat. :D
As it was ? do you know something we don't ??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76435

still is !!! still in my driveway

btw, it's all his fault in tempting me to a gt3

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76439

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel Sait on 26 September 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 26 September 2006

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:

As it was ? do you know something we don't ??
D'oh! Sorry, Freudian slip... well, no point in denying the inevitable... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76443

Previous poster said:

still is !!! still in my driveway

btw, it's all his fault in tempting me to a gt3
The Force is strong my young jedi... :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76445

Sundeep,

Some very sensible points on here, and thought I'd add a bit of a 'left field' suggestion to the mix along the lines of Butzi's sensible 'phased' suggestion. It seems to me that whatever you choose from an RS/GT3 you'll wonder whether the other one would have been a better choice...so how about this. Have the 9M head conversion on your existing car which by all accounts is already halfway track-sorted. This should give you at least RS performance, possibly a good bit more and still maintains your normal road mileage options. If this doesn't add enough trackday value then sell the car on as a pretty sorted vehicle with the 9M conversion which is effectively new top-end and as good as re-zeroes any top-end mileage issues and get a GT3, cos by now you'll know that it is the only way forward because the RS would already be in 3rd place in a fair race. Nostalgia aside (and the 993 is my baby of choice) you can't realise what you want going forward with an air-cooled version that ends up becoming so rare and sought-after that you can't take it anywhere without worrying about it not being there when you get back. I estimate about £11k for the 9M heads....hell you may even reduce your carbon footprint with normal driving....that'd be one in the eye for the greenies. Cheers, Bob.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76459

I think Bob has a good plan here... and it will be far cheaper even at £11k to do this than upgrade...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76463

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back