Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Carrera MT LHD or RHD?

Atsuo Hiraide

Hello all. I am thinking of getting the 997 C2, manual transmission, in the near future. Here in Japan, I have a choice of both LHD and RHD. As some may know, cars are driven on the left hand side of the road here in Japan like in the UK, so it would seemingly be logical to get the RHD. However, I have my doubts about the pedal layout of manual RHD Porsches (there seems to be a general "offset" to the center). I would like to hear opinions from owners of RHD MT 997 in the UK. Thanks///

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75469

What car are you driving now? Is it LHD or RHD? If you are not used to LHD get a RHD - more attractive came sale time and easier to drive.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75489

another user from Japan ! what are the odds !

Atsuo, the offset pedals only effect the pre-996 series, cars built before 1998

the new 996 and current 997 series don't have that problem.....

of course the footrest to the left is never as large on RHD as LHD, but isn't there a trend to drive LHD cars over there ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75499

Atsuo

Did you decide which you are going to get?

Left or Right hand drive?

When are you planning on ordering? I think if you order this month you can have a new car in February or March!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76309

Servo

I think I'll be getting the RHD version. I am actually thinking of getting the 2008 model because I've been hearing rumors of there being a minor change next year (face lift, etc.)

Thanks always for your advise!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76690

Atsuo,

have you heard anything specific about the facelift model? - they tend to keep the details very quiet so as not to effect sales (like yours).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 76723

So Poo,

It's not surprising Porsche arn't giving much away about the coming "face-lift", especially immediately after the debut of the targa models. I don't have any detailed information, but from what I've heard, facelift + introduction of PDK is lilkely to take place in MY2008.

Atsuo Hiraide

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77337

PDK? is that Porsche double clutch (Klutch) - the new tiptronic?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77346

So Poo,

Yeah, I forget what PDK stands for, but its the DSG equivalent of Audi/VW group.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77464

PDK - Porsche Dopple Kupplung or Porsche double clutch

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77471

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back