Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 - Can you take just one back seat out

SeanD

Suzuka
With the change in teh law coming up teh wife has reviewed the child seat arrangements in all of our cars. The 996 has failed. My solution 2x Graco Hi-life with seat mats and CG-locks whilst working well for my tall 6 year old so she says does not work for my small for her age 2 1/2 year old daughter as she is too light for the booster. So I am presented with a Britax one piece booster with a back and told to make that fit.

Well with very little modification I have it as a snug fit. It would however fit much better if I took the seat back out. I have worked out how to do this although at this moment i cannot put my hands on the protech drive that fits the bolts at the sides.

Before I go and buy a new tool (I have memories of lending it to someone who is now 4,000 miles away) will I be able to seperate the two seat backs so I can leave one in one side and not on the other, and can it be done in such a way that I will be able to undo the procedure when she grows enough to go back into the hi-life booster?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74407

Basically yes. I have both my back seast out at the moment. Between the two seast is a single metal rod that is held in by a screw. If you just undo one of the side the back will come out. No need to touch the centre screw at all.

Good luck.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74409

Thanks for the advice. Will get appropriate tool in the morning and take the OS one out then.

Anything to placate the wife :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74467

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back