Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bi-Xenon beam adjustment for continent

snarf

Does anyone know if or how it is possible to adjust the 997 Bi-Xenon headlamps for continental driving? Some manufacturers provide a lever behind the headlamp unit but I can find no mention of beam adjustment in the 997 handbook and apparently headlamp stickers are a no-no.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73909

Some of the older 911s had the lever at the back. For my 996 (2001) I had to use the silver patches. Were the OPC not very useful on this?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73917

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 13 September 2006

Were the OPC not very useful on this?
Thought I'd ask the experts first.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73938

worth seeing if there is the lever, to release the headlamps, but that may have changed for the 997 series.. when out, open up the back and look for the lever..... if no then they have changed it !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73947

I've had some feedback from the PCGB forum. Apparently an earlier version of the 997 handbook describes how to change the Bi-Xenon reflector for continental driving but for some reason this has been omitted from the latest version. But I think I can see the lever in a diagram used to illustrate bulb replacement.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73949

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by snarf on 13 September 2006

I've had some feedback from the PCGB forum. Apparently an earlier version of the 997 handbook describes how to change the Bi-Xenon reflector for continental driving but for some reason this has been omitted from the latest version. But I think I can see the lever in a diagram used to illustrate bulb replacement.
It is pretty quick to get the headlamp units out. Just give it a try.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74007

Snarf,
I have a PDF of the entire Manual - I just checked the whole thing for you and it has a section called - Practical Tips Emergency Service on page 246 for headlights - it only discusses how to remove them etc.... If you want to it let me know and I will e-mail it to you. But I will warn you its a big file!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74037

I take delivery of my 997 tomorrow from Dave Maguire (hopefully) it will probably have a German manual. Can i have a copy please????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74039

PM me your e-mail addresses OR just stick them up on here and I will send the copy right now! The PDF is great, proper colour and everything!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74044

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Servo Sarai on 14 September 2006

Snarf, I have a PDF of the entire Manual - I just checked the whole thing for you and it has a section called - Practical Tips Emergency Service on page 246 for headlights - it only discusses how to remove them etc.... If you want to it let me know and I will e-mail it to you. But I will warn you its a big file!
Many thanks for the offer but I now have a copy of the relevant pages from a 2004 manual that describes in detail how to change the headlamp setting for continental driving. Can't think why Porsche decided to leave this out of the latest version.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 74083

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back