Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Starting Problem

Kirk1176

Ok, still new to the 911 so maybe I'm missing something but wanted to get peoples opinions.

Had an odd problem yesterday trying to start my new 996. Turned ignition on and oil level check started etc., tried to start the engine but nothing happened. Tried a second time to start the engine and the key seemed to lock so that I couldn't actually move the key to beyond the iginition point. This happened multiple times and after about 5 mins of turning everything off and repeating the above, it decided to start.

The odd part is that the car indicated an airbag failure - would this prevent me from starting the car? The airbag failure hasn't come up since so am assuming it's related in some way.

As it's under warranty gonna get it checked out but it is a real odd one....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73386

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back