Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Urgent! Problem with roof in 997 C4S Cabr

Count Pyruslav

Hi all!

I know it is an surrealistic time to ask for help about an urgent problem, but... I don't know who to ask!

I have a 997 C4S Cabrio Tiptronic parked, it is a rental car from a guest of the hotel I take care during the nights... He is sleeping now, but left me the car and the keys with the roof locked! It is not open, it is not closed... it will not open and it will not close. I think he tried to close it and by forceing it... he broke it.

Having the car half-open now this late (or early) is a bit difficult, as I have to have a security person watching at it (it's parked in the street).

Anyone around with some advise? Heeeelp!! :lol:

By the way, it is my first message here. I'm from Paris and I usually drive a '02 MX5 "top always down" with manual roof.... that's why I'm not used to these problems... 8)

Thanks everybody!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71960

Hi CP, welcome, I'd try Jean-Paul down at the salon, I'm sure he'll know a fix. If not, a good cut and blow dry is an option.

Seriously, haven't got a clue, but I assume that the guest is awake now so the problem is solved.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71970

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Richard Eff on 31 August 2006

Hi CP, welcome, I'd try Jean-Paul down at the salon, I'm sure he'll know a fix. If not, a good cut and blow dry is an option.

Seriously, haven't got a clue, but I assume that the guest is awake now so the problem is solved.
Arr Richard... this place would not be the same without your wit... :lol:

I bet the chap in france thought you were taking the effing pi$$.. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71997

The problem was solved at around 06:30..... I took gain the keys, turned on the engine, and while pressing on the bakes, pushed the roof button. It worked fine....

I have no idea why it was not working a few hours before. By the way, WHAT A CAR!!

Thanks anyway.

Bye!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72030

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel Sait on 31 August 2006

Arr Richard...

It's not talk like a pirate day again today is it Dan?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72031

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Richard Eff on 31 August 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel Sait on 31 August 2006

Arr Richard...

It's not talk like a pirate day again today is it Dan?

No ! :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72062

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back