Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Centre Console 996

Seagull

Estoril
Just bought myself a Tequipment short shifter, but the available instructions just say "remove rear centre console" Does anyone know how to do this?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71350

I have heard differing opinions as I want to change mine to black. An OPC told me you have to take both seats out, while an indie said it was easier - but didn't expand I'm afraid. Sorry.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71352

i know how to do it without taking the seats do you want me to tell you?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71384

Thanks Sid, but I set about it yesterday afternoon on a "just don't be too violent and break any plastic bits" basis. It is a bit awkward to get it out once you've found all of those well hidden screws - the one behind the ribbed bit of plastic in the storage bin took some finding as did the rear screw on the Bose box thing in the passenger footwell to let you get at the left hand side screws for the CD storage console. Got there in the end though even if it did take nearly 3 hours before I had the short shifter in and all of the trim re-assembled. Really impressed with the shifter. IMO a worthwhile upgrade.

If the micro switch for the storage bin ever failed I definitely wouldn't bother replacing it - far too much agro.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71396

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back