Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil - again....

Andy Dyer

Following on from my last post - cheers for the quick response - have since topped up the oil with a couple of pints (had a milk bottle to hand at the time...) Now the guage on the dash is sitting at the top - about 1 o'clock when running and goes to the max point when idling - have checked the levels again and they are right at the very top of the max level - maybe 2mm over. Will this have any effect on the engine? - do I need to drain any out or just go easy for a bit as it uses it??

Doesn't appear to affect oil pressure any differently though.....

Any thoughts??

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70816

Andy,

I would drain a bit out rather than put excess pressure on those oil seals. I always keep my oil level in the middle of the dip stick markers for this very reason.

Paul

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71649

would that really matter tho given that its dry-sumped so only takes whatever oil it needs from the reservoir.........so that although the reservoir might be a tad over what it should be the engine still has the correct amount??????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71665

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back