Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just bought a 996 Cabrio!! woo hoo!

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by S44NJJ on 17 August 2006

hi,

errr...need to take some pics overthe weekend - once i have il post them !!

the car is a 996 blue carbrio C4 with tan leather!! the contrast of the two colours really set it off (well i would say that)!! 2001 plate with 40k FSH.

weather hasnt been to great so havent had the hood down :-( (please be good for the weekend)
Chris, you've nearly got a twin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70231

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 17 August 2006

Chris, you've nearly got a twin
Indeed -2001 Lapis with Savannah! I love the contrast too. Are some pictures of mine in the owners section.

Be proud of the tan!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70235

wow thats looks real nice!! thought it was mine for a moment!!

mine is replica to that ...!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70266

Previous poster said:

wow thats looks real nice!! thought it was mine for a moment!!

mine is replica to that ...!
Except Manual and C4, mine is C2 and Tiptronic. Is your hard top colour coded on the inside?

Anyway congratulations - see you at the next event!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70268

i would be too scared to have a C2 - ive heard stories of 911's flipping out and being wrapped round a tree!! i come from a subaru impreza so too used to the 4 wheel drive!!

yup the hardtop is colour coded- but as the weather has not been too great last few days have not had the chance to go roofless!! :-(
where are the events normally going on?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70279

Previous poster said:

i would be too scared to have a C2 - ive heard stories of 911's flipping out and being wrapped round a tree!! i come from a subaru impreza so too used to the 4 wheel drive!!

A much overtold story. It's not a myth as go into a turn fast lift off & yep you'll be going backwards into a ditch before you know it. The C4's will do it too.

Push to hard in 1st or 2nd in the damp particularly when the front wheels aren't straight & you'll feel the back go. Usually you'll catch it, but it is very interesting when all of a sudden your facing the direction you've just come from.

If you push it too much for the conditions you'll still put a C4 in a ditch, it's just you might go in there at a higher speed.

Watch the place for events, but we've met up in London & generally around the home counties. Generally also tend to meet up at various track days about the place. So come along to a track day & find out just when the C4 will flip out! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70281

Previous poster said:

yup the hardtop is colour coded- but as the weather has not been too great last few days have not had the chance to go roofless!! :-(
No worries about the C2, the trackday day we did in Wales was very wet and the rain made very little difference, still loads of grip.

In general, there are beer nights, curry nights and track days. You can participate as much as you want.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 70282

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back