Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Convertible roof switch/adapter

wagonface

Barcelona
Was thumbing thru a Porsche mag briefly the other day while waiting to pick up my 996 and spotted an ad for a company that sells chips/switches that allow you to raise/lower your roof while driving. Also allow you to have the rear windows up while driving with the hood down. I think they only let you raise lower the hood at below 25mph, otherwise could get interesting.

Anyone had this done? Any top tips or good websites/manufacturers to check out?

Thanks for any help,

Josh

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68837

I may be wrong here but i think that you can actually snap off one of the metal connectors on the relevant relay which will allow you to lower the roof while driving. Like I said though, I could be wrong.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68929

i saw a conpany selling the module to do this on e bay a while back

they also had a group buy on the rentech forum

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 68955

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Superunknown on 09 August 2006

I may be wrong here but i think that you can actually snap off one of the metal connectors on the relevant relay which will allow you to lower the roof while driving. Like I said though, I could be wrong.
The cabs from 2003 onwards allow you to lower the roof while driving as standard already. I have thought about the chip in mine, certainly haven't heard of anyone having problems with them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69097

Mine is an 04 and will let me raise and lower the roof up to 30 mph, but still not have the rear windows up....but to be fair most of the time alll the windows are down for maximum posing value :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69103

The other handy feature is this module lets you do a one touch open/close on the roof instead of keeping the button pressed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 69108

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back