Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Battery/electrical problems fixed

wagonface

Had some battery problems on my V reg 996 - basically I don't drive it that often and so it was going flat.

Porsche Chiswick looked at it twice (second time 'free' as they hadn't fixed it the first time) and declared it absolutely fine - "completely normal". Really? so howcome the battery was still going flat after 5 days?

Then I found these guys:
http://www.no5garage.co.uk/index.html

The main man there is Peter. He promised me he would get to the bottom of the problem, and he did exactly that. When I gave the car to him, the battery drain was 120mA, he gave it back to me at 20mA, which is very good for a 996.

It took a lot of hours to sort the problem out, but their rates are reasonable, and once you meet Peter you will know he takes pride in his work and sees it as a matter of honour to fix really tricky problems like this.

For anything Porsche/Bosch electrical I wouldn't go anywhere else. Truly fantastic service and results. These guys have lots of diagnostic kit, and know how to use it.

PS - for anyone interested (?), one of the problems was rusty connections on the auxiliary alarm and tilt sensor. It is located in the boot in early models, and the connectors rust, leading to battery drain. In later models its under the seat, nice and warm and dry.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66854

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back