Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 996 Which one??

Colin Hill

Hello everyone,first time on here :)

Finally about to realise the dream and buy my first Porsche,need advice on which one please in your very honest opinions.

Im looking at two both black both 996's one is the 4s 65k miles 2003 with tiptronic

the other is 996 carrera 2 manual 32k miles both about 42k pounds.

in terms of best value for money and depreciation which should i choose,there are so many variables im a bit lost.

Im swayed to the carrera 2,can you help

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64828

Hello mate,

I had a C2 - great car! BUT, I would go for the C4S if now. The only thing is 65K mileage is a bit on the high side me thinks. There are plenty of motors about so i would do plenty of research before parting with the readies.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64829

IMHO the C4S will hold its value better due to the wide body etc...but if it were my money it would be the C2.

Much more involving to drive and feels more alive...and of course the C2 you're looking at is a manual. Now I dont want to start a huge debate but ... I had a BMW tip which was great. I loved the way it worked and it suited the luxury car that it was...but if your having a sports car my feeling is that manual is the way to go. (Unless you live in the city..)

Mine is a C2 and I love it... exciting and very lively. Just my 2p worth...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64830

If the £'s are the same, and the condition of both cars is good, then it comes down to whether or not you prefer to be a "lazy" driver in a tip, or someone who enjoys stirring the cogs.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64831

I have a C2 tip and love it to bits, but will move on to a C4S or turbo in the future.

The tip is great, forget all the macho manual stuff, it is just as much fun to drive and I was just as quick on the track as some of the manual guys. However, they are not as desirable (although the new 997 turbo may change that) and generally a bit cheaper 2nd hand.

£42K for a C2 is quite expensive unless it is an 2003 model. If you are going to do loads of miles go for the C2, if your mileage is going to be about 5K a year go for the C4S. I went for a low mileage C2 for the same reason.

There are loads around so have a good look.

Good luck!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64839

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back