Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Warranty

mfire

Now I've had my C4S for a month and 2k very happy miles! I'm thinking about booking it in for an OPC check with a view to purchasing the extended warranty (lapsed). I'm aware of the sort of costs involved but are there any reasons for them refusing to offer a warranty after any identified mechanical faults are corrected? Don't really want to pay a fortune then find they won't cover the car! Thanks Bry

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64779

Bry

Most posts on this site appear to be done during working hours! So I'll give you my thoughts.

I can see no reason, if after putting right any of the 111 checkpoints found in need of attention, that you will not be able to purchase a Porsche warranty.

Just to ensure there is no misunderstanding, I would suggest you declare your intention prior to the inspection being carried out. ie. Your instruction to them should be "I want to purchase a Porsche warranty please - and yes, I understand to do so you will have to carry out the 111 checks and correct any necessary faults at my expense".

I would also reserve the right to be notified of any major faults prior to authorising any work, as you might decide to remove the car to an independant for the work to be carried out before returning it for a recheck.

Jo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64780

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by mfire on 28 June 2006

Now I've had my C4S for a month and 2k very happy miles! I'm thinking about booking it in for an OPC check with a view to purchasing the extended warranty (lapsed). I'm aware of the sort of costs involved but are there any reasons for them refusing to offer a warranty after any identified mechanical faults are corrected? Don't really want to pay a fortune then find they won't cover the car! Thanks Bry

You only get seven days to fix any problems from the day of the 111 check. I got an indie to fix a couple of minor problems on mine. I already had it booked in to the indie when I had the OPC 111 check done.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 64803

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back